Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
'The hardest part of living in a senior nursing home is that it breaks the human connection between those in today's society and the nursing home. Every moment I spend chatting is a chance to ______ that connection again, to share their worries and to shape someone's life.'
A. tie B. continue
The answer is A. Is it natural to say "tie the connection"? What about "continue that connection"? Thanks for your advice!

You can't continue a connection that's been broken. I don't like "tie" much, either — you don't "tie a connection", you tie things to make one — but it's the only possible choice.

You can't continue a connection that's been broken. I don't like "tie" much, either — you don't "tie a connection", you tie things to make one — but it's the only possible choice.
There is another choice for the exercise--- 'find'. Do you think it proper in the context?
Or what word would you use for the blank?

嘟嘟嘟嘟;1595007 said:
There is another choice for the exercise--- 'find'. Do you think it proper in the context?
Or what word would you use for the blank?
"Find" is the best of the three. "Establish" is another possibility.

嘟嘟嘟嘟;1595007 said:
There is another choice for the exercise--- 'find'.
Please tell us where your exercises come from, and if you ask us about any more of them, please give us all the alternatives in post #1.

find is much better than the other two.

Another good choice is make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back