Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
:?:I need to learn English in short time.Please guide me if I can learn all skills in six month? :cry:

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Welcome to the forum.

No, you can't learn all English skills in 6 months. You can, however, improve daily.

fatima123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thanks a lot for your reply.Then can you guide me how I can improve my English in short time?I have to say that I can translate English texts to my language but my speaking and my listening is not very good and I know a lot of words but not their right pronounciation.please guide me.:-D

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
You need to find a good personal tutor in your locality and pay for an intensive course of training.

fatima123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
but Icant use personal tutor or class beacase I dont have enough money. I want to learn E. myself .is there any good software for help me?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Fatima, there is no easy way to learn any language. ........Fact!

Depending on the way you learn best, you could try watching/listening to the vast array of news programmes, documentaries, films, plays, sitcoms, etc, available on Yoututbe. There are also countless free language teaching videos on Youtube and elsewhere. At least 5% of them are very good; unfortunately, at least 75% are very bad, and it's difficult for a learner to distinguish between the excellent and the appalling.

If you have specific questions about grammar and usage, there are many free forums where you can post questions, One of the best is this one, UsingEnglish.com (I have to admit that I may be a little biased. ;-))

fatima123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Re: how can I learn skills of E. with enjoy?

5jj thank you very very much.I did this (wathing movies) before but I became tired, because I couldnt understand E. well therefore I leave that .Can you tell me how I can wathing E. movies with enjoy.how I begin this and what kind of movies you suggested I watch first?And how can I improve my writing?:-D

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
:?:I need to learn English in short time.Please guide me if I can learn all skills in six month? :cry:
It's been consistently found that the quickest way of learning a language is to move to a place where they speak it (It also helps to be have been born there). I guess you cannot do that, so please follow the advice above). Read English, speak to English speakers, listen to English radio, etc, and try to think in English. And study.

silence*

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
hi Fatima
I think in 6 month you can make a progress if you plan and fallow that but not bacome fluent ! here is sth about learning English that can be helpful for you. and then you can use and practice the words and phrase that you have learned here .Its a typical problem that most of English learners are weak in listening and speaking coz they don't listen enough and don't speak.
getting enough input in English is the most important thing!
for listening you should start from you real level in understanding English conversation such as films and movies which are one level above your exact level. it means if you are beginner in listening and speaking skills you can't expect yourself to understand and learn fast movies in upper-intermediate level. so starting from right point can motivate you to carry on and not to give up!
after that try to memorize and learn phrases and correct sentences not single words and get the rule of them to expand them to other subjects and use them in everyday life! you cam make note new things you meet in reading and listening text and movies. in any subject you want to speak, read and listen about that and then practice with yourself or partners. studying haphazardly just expand your vocabulary try to study in order and step to step. Beside that for fun, spend time with lots of English resource related your level and a little higher than that.
don't forget about materials you need: good eng- eng dictionary( like Cambaridge and oxford) help you in pronunciation and give you simple sentences . suitable English series (with series you will adapted to them and improve faster)
don't forget to talk with yourself and write essay sometime with what you have learned. study every day and regularly not one day a week.
never give up and don't get Frustrated and continue consistently .
I'm going to English class these days and we study "English result books" there and a story book and " oxford word skill" beside them. and I do more listening practice myself with "how do you do" series and some American and British podcasts with their text.
best wishes

Last edited by a moderator:

fatima123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Thank you silence

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
hi Fatima
I think in 6 month you can make a progress if you plan and fallow that but not bacome fluent ! here is sth about learning English that can be helpful for you. and then you can use and practice the words and phrase that you have learned here .Its a typical problem that most of English learners are weak in listening and speaking coz they don't listen enough and don't speak.
getting enough input in English is the most important thing!
for listening you should start from you real level in understanding English conversation such as films and movies which are one level above your exact level. it means if you are beginner in listening and speaking skills you can't expect yourself to understand and learn fast movies in upper-intermediate level. so starting from right point can motivate you to carry on and not to give up!
after that try to memorize and learn phrases and correct sentences not single words and get the rule of them to expand them to other subjects and use them in everyday life! you cam make note new things you meet in reading and listening text and movies. in any subject you want to speak, read and listen about that and then practice with yourself or partners. studying haphazardly just expand your vocabulary try to study in order and step to step. Beside that for fun, spend time with lots of English resource related your level and a little higher than that.
don't forget about materials you need: good eng- eng dictionary( like Cambaridge and oxford) help you in pronunciation and give you simple sentences . suitable English series (with series you will adapted to them and improve faster)
don't forget to talk with yourself and write essay sometime with what you have learned. study every day and regularly not one day a week.
never give up and don't get Frustrated and continue consistently .
I'm going to English class these days and we study "English result books" there and a story book and " oxford word skill" beside them. and I do more listening practice myself with "how do you do" series and some American and British podcasts with their text.
best wishes

Silence, it is admirable that you want to help other learners but there are multiple errors in your post. Please make sure that you start your threads with "Not a teacher" if you are trying to answer another learner's question. I have underlined all the errors in capitalisation, punctuation and spelling. There are also grammatical errors.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Thanks a lot for your reply.Then can you guide me how I can improve my English in short time?I have to say that I can translate English texts to my language but my speaking and my listening is not very good and I know a lot of words but not their right pronounciation.please guide me.:-D

What sort of texts do you have to be able to translate?

fatima123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I just need to improve my oral skills now.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Do you have many opportunities to practise speaking?

fatima123

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
No.I can only practice two hours a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.