UsingEnglish.com is a general English language site, specialising in ESL (English as a Second Language) with a wide range of resources for learners and teachers of English, and has been running since the beginning of 2002. Different varieties of English are used; there are contributors from the United States, Canada, Pakistan and non-native speakers, but much of the site uses British English as it was set up in the UK. A list of staff members and site contributors can be found here.
Link to Us
If you have a website and think that UsingEnglish.com is useful, why not link back to us? You are free to link to any page you like
Keep up to date with the latest news and information about UsingEnglish.com including new content, features and updates by reading our Site Diary.
- Migrating from http to https - August 28
- Free teacher handouts & online quizzes - May 29
- Idiom PDF Downloads Now Available - August 28
- Exporting Data from the Advanced Text Analyser - March 3
- Fundraising for Cancer Research - July 9
- Planned downtime - June 28
- PDF Lesson Plan Section Update - March 22
- Update to Idioms Area - October 25
- Speeding the Site Up? - January 22
[ More ... ]
The following information is for our protection and yours as well. Please read it carefully.
UsingEnglish.com authorises you to view, download, and interact with materials, services, and forums on this website. Unless otherwise specified, the services & downloads provided by UsingEnglish.com are for your personal use, provided that you retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original materials.
All content, HTML and databases on UsingEnglish.com are Copyright © 2002 - 2021 UsingEnglish.com Ltd. unless otherwise stated and any unauthorised use of these materials may violate copyrights and/or trademarks.