Browse Articles by Category
- English Grammar (42) - Articles and notes dealing with English grammar and English language usage topics
- English Language Examinations (26) - Articles looking at how to teach or study for ESL exams
- General Articles (20) - General English Language Articles
- Learning English (42) - Articles on how to learn English successfully
- Spelling and Punctuation (6) - Articles looking at English spelling & how to punctuate in English, including the differences between British English and American English variants
- Telephoning (8) - Telephoning is one of the most difficult things to do in another language, but these articles and guides should make making and receiving phone calls easily manageable.
- Vocabulary (5) - Vocabulary
- Writing (7) - Writing
Latest Articles & Notes
70 ways to improve your English Pinned
How to introduce yourself in presentations New
100 IELTS Listening tips New
100 IELTS Speaking tips
The 100 most useful phrases for IELTS Writing Task 1 map tasks
Useful phrases for IELTS Writing: Pie chart tasks
IELTS Writing Task 2 tips
Useful Phrases for IELTS Writing Task 1: Line Graph Tasks
IELTS Writing Task 1 Tips
The 100 most useful phrases for IELTS Writing Task 1 tables
The 100 most useful phrases for IELTS Writing flowchart tasks
English Tenses and Aspects 7 - The Habitual Aspect
English Tenses and Aspect 6 - The Prospective Aspect
English Tenses and Aspects 5 - The Retrospective Aspect
English Tenses and Aspects 4 - The Durative Aspect
Formal Letter Writing - Help with formal and business letter writing. A summary of writing rules including outlines for cover letters and letters of enquiry, and abbreviations used in letters.
Speaking Out - A collection of thoughts, comments and articles regarding some of the issues and discussion points that have been raised in our ESL Forum.
More English Articles
These articles are in PDF format for which you will need to download Adobe Reader.
- Bring & Take - How to use these verbs in English.
- Inchoative verbs - A practical list of inchoative verbs in English.
- Modals of Possibility - Understanding how could, might and may are used to express possibility.
- Learning Vocabulary - Some suggestions about learning vocabulary