Browse our library of articles with include advice, tutorials, tips and opinions about learning and using the English language. We have a wide range of articles covering topics including English grammar, examinations, learning English, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary. If you would like to see your articles on UsingEnglish.com, please submit them using our form.
Browse Articles by Category
- English Grammar (46) - Articles and notes dealing with English grammar and English language usage topics
- English Language Examinations (15) - Articles looking at how to teach or study for ESL exams
- General Articles (24) - General English Language Articles
- Learning English (34) - Articles on how to learn English successfully
- Spelling and Punctuation (8) - Articles looking at English spelling & how to punctuate in English, including the differences between British English and American English variants
- Teaching English (3) - Articles about teaching English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Telephoning (8) - Telephoning is one of the most difficult things to do in another language, but these articles and guides should make making and receiving phone calls easily manageable.
- Vocabulary (3) - Vocabulary
- Writing (7) - Writing
Latest Articles & Notes
Richard Flynn (aka Tdol) is an English teacher and the Site Editor here at UsingEnglish.com. Here, he talks about English usage that catches his eye or ear, and looks at language issues that interest or puzzle him.
- Non-Roman Language
- Access to the forum from South Korea
- Forum Policies- Cross-Forum Posting
Formal Letter Writing - Help with formal and business letter writing. A summary of writing rules including outlines for cover letters and letters of enquiry, and abbreviations used in letters.
More English Articles
These articles are in PDF format for which you will need to download Adobe Reader.