Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Kurdish
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
I am writing to express my interest in your “Summer School in XXX”, and to kindly ask for your consideration.
I have completed both my bachelor's degree in Cell & Molecular Biology and my master's degree in Molecular Genetics, at two of X’s top universities and I do hold a deep interest in my majors. My ultimate goal is utilizing my knowledge obtained through my research, for the development of a more refined way of cancer diagnosis and therapy.
I have 6 years’ experience in teaching high school biology. This has helped me to develop strong leadership and communication skills, as well as given me a different perspective on learning and the life sciences. However, it does not satisfy my passion and my deep desire to research and make a contribution in the field of cancer biology. Therefore, now I am anxious for the opportunity to participate in your summer school, because of its excellent reputation, its eminent scientists and become acquainted with professional-level research activities and cutting-edge technologies, which otherwise I cannot access to in my own country. I aim to start my PhD in fall 2017 and I believe this program highly enriches my resume and increase my chance to be accepted in a high rank university.
Furthermore, the school’s multicultural environment provides a good chance to learn more about other cultures, languages and people.
I am interested in many modules the program offers but among them I decided to apply for those which focus on oncology and use larger number of methods and techniques in performing the experiments, including: X, X and X. Studies of cell signaling pathways in normal cells and cancerous cells have contributed greatly to our knowledge about the disease, and leading to development of possible strategies for treatment. In recent years many research has been done in these area but because of the complication of the signaling system there are many unknowns about them which makes them interesting candidates for research.
Finally, I believe that this summer school is so invaluable for me and for my future endeavors and I can assure you that, if given the opportunity, I would do my very best.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
I am writing to express my interest in your “Summer School in XXX”. [STRIKE]and to kindly ask for your consideration.[/STRIKE]

I have completed both my bachelor's degree in Cell & Molecular Biology and my master's degree in Molecular Genetics, at two of X’s top universities, and I do [STRIKE]hold[/STRIKE] have a deep interest in my majors. My ultimate goal is to use [STRIKE]utilizing my[/STRIKE] the knowledge obtained through my research, for the development of a more refined way of cancer diagnosis and therapy.

I have 6 years’ experience in teaching high school biology. This has helped me to develop strong leadership and communication skills, as well as given me a different perspective on learning and the life sciences. However, [STRIKE]it[/STRIKE] that does not satisfy my passion and my deep desire to conduct research and make a contribution in the field of cancer biology. Therefore, [STRIKE]now I am anxious for the opportunity[/STRIKE] I am eager to participate in your summer school, because of its excellent reputation and [STRIKE]its[/STRIKE] eminent scientists and to become acquainted with professional-level research activities and cutting-edge technologies, which otherwise I cannot access [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] in my own country. I aim to start my PhD in fall 2017, and I believe this program will highly enrich my resume and increase my chances [STRIKE]to be[/STRIKE] of being accepted in a highly ranked university.

Furthermore, the school’s multicultural environment provides a good chance to learn more about other cultures, languages and people.
I am interested in many modules the program offers, but [STRIKE]among them[/STRIKE] I decided to apply for those which focus on oncology and use [STRIKE]larger number[/STRIKE] a variety of methods and techniques in performing the experiments, including: X, X and X. Studies of cell signaling pathways in normal cells and cancerous cells have contributed greatly to our knowledge about the disease, and [STRIKE]leading[/STRIKE] led to the development of possible strategies for treatment. In recent years, [STRIKE]many[/STRIKE] much research has been done in [STRIKE]these[/STRIKE] this area, but because of the complication of the signaling system, there are many unknowns about [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] it which makes [STRIKE]them[/STRIKE] it an interesting candidate for research.

Finally, I believe that this summer school is [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] invaluable for me and for my future endeavors, and I can assure you that, if given the opportunity, I would do my very best in the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.