Member Type
Other
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
I can't catch the meaning: what is a spirited singer about? The voice? The movements?
Thank you.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The word don't mean much without some context.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Meliss, see post #5 here.

There's a limit to our patience.

Thread closed.

meliss

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Ukrainian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
I have read the rules, I didn't break any of them.
I found this expression in the net - there are plenty of it, just look here or here, or google the expression. I was wondering what does it mean. If one doesn't know the answer, one could just does not answer.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I found this expression in the net - there are plenty of it, just look here or here, or google the expression. I was wondering what does it mean. If one doesn't know the answer, one could just does not answer.
https://www.google.com.au/search?so...9j2.18.0...0.0...1ac.1.12.igoogle.8p0xQ2TimOY

It doesn't specifically mean anything, except that the author thinks that they are 'spirited' or wishes to describe them that way.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

One of those is about the singer fighting cancer. It means that they are lively/passionate/energetic- it could mean the way they sing, the way they move or even the way they fight cancer.

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I can't catch the meaning: what is a spirited singer about? The voice? The movements?
Thank you.

A spirited singer is one who is full of energy and enthusiasm. The singer could also be described as lively, vibrant, etc.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The point is, meliss, that if you want us to help you, you should provide as much information/context as you can We should not have to google things to find out what you are talking about.

You will find that if you do not provide context, fewer and fewer people will respond to your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.