[Grammar] Besides, In my country, I don’t have to go through the process of learning

Status
Not open for further replies.

nininaz

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
India
I am undecided at the moment. It is not easy to decide between studying here in my country and abroad. There are advantages in both choices, so it is not an easy decision to make.
Studying in my country has the benefit of having the support of my family on my side, and being emotionally in good hands. There is also another aspect. If I ever decide to study abroad, I will have a great opportunity to experience a completely new lifestyle and culture and obtain a valuable degree from a prestigious university, so I’ll possibly/probably gain status and prestige. Besides, In my country, I don’t have to go through the process of learning a new language and this is a plus; however, if I am going to continue my education abroad learning a second language would be imperative. Some people see this as a wonderful opportunity, but to me, it is more work than I can handle since communicating in another tongue is really challenging, and demands a lot of energy and effort, and also a great deal of time needs to be devoted to learning and practicing a foreign language. All in all, the future is vague, and I’ll have to choose my path, sooner or later.

Hello All,
I am not sure about using the transition 'besides' . I am not sure what transition I should use ?!
Because I want to switch to other benefit of studying in my country and I am not certain the usage of 'besides/also..' is correct?!

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
There is also another aspect. If I ever decide to study abroad,- I would change the punctuation after aspect.

Besides, In my country- This doesn't work for me. It's a contrast jumping back to learning in your own country. There's also a small correction you need to make to In.

Status
Not open for further replies.