I wasn't told that the office cab would not drop me at home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I wasn't told hy the company I was hired by that I wouldn't be dropped at or picked up by home. They even used not to pick me up from near my house. But they used to drop me near my house. But to catch the office cab while going to the office I used to go two KMs away from my home.

Could you please check my sentences?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I wasn't told [STRIKE]hy[/STRIKE] by the company I was hired by that I wouldn't be dropped at or picked up [STRIKE]by[/STRIKE] at home. They [STRIKE]even[/STRIKE] used not [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] even pick me up from near my house but they used to drop me near my house. [STRIKE]But[/STRIKE] However, to catch the office cab [STRIKE]while going[/STRIKE] to the office, I used to have to go/walk/travel two [STRIKE]KMs[/STRIKE] kilometres [STRIKE]away[/STRIKE] from my home.

Could you please check my sentences?

See above.

I've corrected it grammatically but I don't understand the logic. Am I correct in understanding that you used to get a cab to work (provided by the company) but you had to go 2km from home before you could get into the cab?

tufguy

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
See above.

I've corrected it grammatically but I don't understand the logic. Am I correct in understanding that you used to get a cab to work (provided by the company) but you had to go 2km from home before you could get into the cab?

Yes, you got it right.

"They used not even pick me up" don't we have to use "to" here before "even"?

Do we also need to say "I am 'picked up' or 'dropped' at 2 KMs from my home" or "I am 'picked up' or 'dropped' near my house"? Are my sentences correct?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.