Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Netherlands
Hi,

I would like to know whether the term "canny blogger" is correct or not? :roll:
If it is what does it mean exactly?
And also that is a good name for the blog?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi,

I would like to know whether the term "canny blogger" is correct or not? :roll:
If it is, what does it mean exactly?
[STRIKE]And[/STRIKE] Also, ​is that [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] a good name for [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] ​a blog?

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

As you become more familiar with the forum, you will realise that we expect learners to post complete sentences in order for us to consider fragments or phrases. What do you want "canny blogger" to mean?

mastermk

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Netherlands
Welcome to the forum. :hi:

As you become more familiar with the forum, you will realise that we expect learners to post complete sentences in order for us to consider fragments or phrases. What do you want "canny blogger" to mean?

Domain name I mean for example cannyblogger.com it's correct and good name for a blog?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I mean a domain name. [STRIKE]I mean[/STRIKE] For example, is "cannyblogger.com" [STRIKE]it's[/STRIKE] correct and is it a good name for a blog?

As long as you think that your readers will know what "canny" means, then it's fine. Of course, you can call a blog anything you like, even use completely invented or nonsensical words.

Skrej

VIP Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
'Canny' means somebody who is shrewd or shows good judgement, somebody who is clever and makes intelligent decisions or observations. However, somebody or something that is 'uncanny' is strange or mysterious, in an unsettling manner.

Depending upon the primary content you plan to blog about, it could actually be a pretty good name for a blog, especially if you're blogging about personal observations.

Last edited:

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am reluctant to offer suggestions for naming a person's blog. I don't know the person or his/her potential subscribers. It is similar to suggesting names for someone's baby.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
In the UK, it can also suggest someone who is good at not spending/wasting money. My first thought from this name would be that it is a blog about getting bargains, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.