Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hello.

Can I say some countries allocate money to develop "sport infrastructure"? By that I mean stadiums and sport facilities. Is this correct and natural?

Some sports require expensive equipment and facilities. The countries that allocate more money to developing their sport infrastructure get more medals at the Olympics than others. The more money is spent on sports, the more successful a country will be in the sport.

tedmc

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I think the second sentence says it better than the first. The keyword is "spend".
Why "the sport"?

alpacinou

Key Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Yes "the sport" is wrong now that I have read it again.

Some sports require expensive equipment and facilities. The countries that allocate more money to developing their sport infrastructure get more medals at the Olympics than others. The more money is spent on sports, the more successful a country will be international competitions.

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Some sports require expensive equipment and facilities. The countries that allocate more money to developing their sport infrastructure get more medals at the Olympics than others. The more money that is spent on sports, the more successful a country will be in international competitions.

OK

Status
Not open for further replies.