Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
If London is very far from where you are, it's not so far that you can't travel to it. How far is it to travel back to one minute ago?
Thanks for answering but I couldn't understand your explanation very well. (Sure it's my problem. You did very well)
It is difficult to live in the present = the meaning is clear. (maybe it has a figurative meaning which I don't know)
ridiculous to live in the future = don't live by thinking about future that what you will do or what you hope ....
impossible to live in the past = don't live by thinking about bad things happened in the past
Nothing is as far away as one minute ago = when something happened one minute ago, it's really many times ago
(see, I can't paraphrase the blue part very well)

Thanks for answering but I couldn't understand your explanation very well. (Sure it's my problem. You did very well)
It is difficult to live in the present = the meaning is clear. (maybe it has a figurative meaning which I don't know)
ridiculous to live in the future = don't live by thinking about future that what you will do or what you hope ....
impossible to live in the past = don't live by thinking about bad things happened in the past
Nothing is as far away as one minute ago = when something happened one minute ago, it's really many times ago
(see, I can't paraphrase the blue part very well)

Once that one minute has passed, it is gone forever. One cannot get it back. In that sense it is very far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back