Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
Portugal
Hi all forum users, i'm André from Portugal and i thank you all your answers on my thread.

I'm learning english since i was younger, and now most than before i need it to my life, so i searsh on google for some voice chat to train my spoken english. Do you know or suggest some one? maybe some teacher wanna help by skype... well that's my doubt for now

thanks one more time, and if you found some wrong word or phrase construction tell me, i really appreciate.

arrowPT

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
Portugal
I feel like i wasnt clear enough or my english is to bad that people cant understand it.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Be patient. Yesterday was Sunday so fewer people use the forum.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi all forum users, I'm André from Portugal and I thank you all ​in advance for your answers on my thread.

[STRIKE]I'm[/STRIKE] I've been learning English since I was [STRIKE]younger[/STRIKE] XXX years old and now, [STRIKE]most[/STRIKE] more than ever before, I need it [STRIKE]to[/STRIKE] in my life. [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE] I [STRIKE]searsh[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] searched Google for some voice chat sites to [STRIKE]train[/STRIKE] help me with my spoken English. [STRIKE]Do you know or suggest some one?[/STRIKE] Does anyone here know any such sites? Maybe [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] a teacher [STRIKE]wanna[/STRIKE] wants to help me by Skype. [STRIKE]well that's my doubt for now[/STRIKE]

Thanks [STRIKE]one more time[/STRIKE] again and, if you found [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] any wrongly-constructed words or phrases, [STRIKE]construction[/STRIKE] please tell me. I would really appreciate it.

Welcome to the forum arrowPT. :hi:

We don't provide Skype voice chat training ourselves. What sites did you find when you searched Google? Did you try any of them yet? How long have you been learning English. You said you had been learning since you were "younger" but we don't know how many years you have been studying. Are you taking formal classes?

As you can see from my corrections in red, there are a lot of errors in your written English. It is important to follow certain rules in written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Capitalise all proper nouns (English, Portugal, Microsoft, Shakespeare).
- Do not put a space before a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a full stop, comma, question mark or exclamation mark.

arrowPT

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
Portugal
First of all, I.m sorry for so many errors in my thread, and thank you again. Normally even in portuguese I write without grammatical rules on internet.

Yes, I searched Google for some voice chat sites (once I saw an news on TV, that spoke about brazilian students having online conversations with american old people by Skype, and that help them a lot) but I don't found any one that fills up my interests.

I've been learning English since I was 10 years old in School, now I've 22. (...and I'm so ashamed for my English level)

I'm sorry for give you more work correcting my wrongly-constructed reply.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
First of all, I'm sorry for so many errors in my thread, and thank you again. Normally even in Portuguese I write without grammatical rules on the internet.

Yes, I searched Google for some voice chat sites (once I saw [strike]an[/strike] a news item/story on TV, that spoke about Brazilian students having online conversations with American old people by Skype (no comma required here) and that helped them a lot (no bracket was required here) but I [strike]don't[/strike] haven't found [strike]any[/strike] one that [strike]fills up my[/strike] interests me.

I've been learning English since I was 10 years old in school and now [strike]I've/strike] I'm 22 (and I'm so ashamed [strike]for[/strike] of my English level).

I'm sorry for giving you more work correcting my wrongly-constructed reply.

Don't apologise and don't be ashamed. Learning English is very difficult! Thanks for your answers but I'm still interested to know whether you are currently taking formal English classes somewhere. I assume you don't go to school any more!

Have you looked for a language exchange group where you live? I don't know where you are in Portugal but there are certainly groups in Lisbon. They can be very helpful because it's much better to practice your spoken English with a real person who is right in front of you, rather than by Skype. I'm not sure what you meant by "I haven't found one which fills up my (sic) interest". Skype conversations are just for conversation practice. They usually have lots of people to choose from so you should be able to find someone to have an interesting conversation with.

Note my corrections to your latest post. Capitalisation is very important in English - capitalise all proper nouns (ie the names of countries, cities nationalities, languages, people's names, official titles etc). We understand that many people don't bother with grammatical rules when they use the internet but this forum is dedicated to correct English so we ask that everyone follows the rules of grammar, punctuation and capitalisation.

arrowPT

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
Portugal
Thank you for more one answer, and interest to help me. As in Portuguese or other language that isn't our native language it's always difficult to master.

I haven't taking formal English lessons at this time, but I will participate on Technical and Communication English Class that starts on August 27, that I believe sincerely it's not adequate of my English level because normally "Technical English" it's just the essentials. I live approximately 40/50 km from Lisbon so here I haven't these language exchange groups and also don't knew that exist.

When I said "I haven't found one which fills up my interest" I'm saying that i want one good and reliable site that I can trust and free.

My future objective it's to do one Paid Professional Experience in Norway and for that I will need intermediate high English. This program that I'm currently interested it's from this site http://vidaedu.com/estagios-vidaedu/experiencias-profissionais-remuneradas/, it's in Portuguese language but basically it's one Portuguese company that provides traineeships and an "Ano Sabático" I don't know translate it to English but means one year gap to visit other Countries.

Thanks, have a nice day.

arrowPT

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Portugal
Current Location
Portugal
Hi,
excuse me for pressing, but i need some good advice about this voice chat, how, who and when that can help me.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi,

Excuse me for pressing you, but I need some good advice about this voice chat. [strike]how,[/strike] Who [strike]and when that[/strike] can help me?

It is possible that no-one here has any useful advice for you. As English teachers, we don't use Skype English-learning resources. I think you will have to test out some of these sites yourself and then decide which one works for you.

Look at my corrections on your post. You seem to have forgotten all the rules I gave you in post #4.

Status
Not open for further replies.