[CV] Would you be so kind as to check my CV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello! I intend to apply for a master programme and I would be incredibly grateful if someone could check my CV.
Thank you in advance!

Education

2011 – Current date: ##### University
Faculty of Translation and Interpretation
I am studying the Bachelor of Linguistics at ######. During my studies, I have gained a theoretical and practical background in linguistics, developed analytical and organizational skills and learnt how to deal with various problems in different situations.

Final-year dissertation: Paralinguistic means of expression and its impact on interpreter’s understanding of text.
I study the effect of paralinguistic features on people involved in the communication process. The aim is to demonstrate the importance of non-verbal means of expression for participants of communication, in particular, for interpreter, who is able to make a better interpretation due to paralinguistic means.
2000 – 2011: ##### school with advanced study of foreign languages

Training

07 July – 01 August 2014: St Giles International

Took a course of English language in London. At the end of training obtained level C1 in English.
September – November 2013: Institute Libre Marie Haps
I studied translation and interpretation in Marie Haps University in Brussels, Belgium, as part of student exchange programme Erasmus.
01 – 26 July 2013: CIEL de STRASBOURG
Took a course of French language in Strasbourg. At the end of training obtained level B2 in French.
23 January – 03 March 2012: Alliance Française Bordeaux – Aquitaine
Took a course of French language in Bordeaux.
5 – 23 July 2010: Anglo-Continental
Took a course of English language in Bournemouth. At the end of training obtained level B1 in French.
2009-2010: International Model United Nations
Participated in International Youth UN Conference 3 times during high school studies.
01 – 14 august 2008: Premier School of English & Tourism
Took a course of English language in Hastings.
Work experience

20 - 31 October 2014: #### News Agency
During my work in #### I have been translating articles of different types. I have studied publications of many world news agencies and I have been in charge of making a selection of articles to be translated for an international web page.
Activities and interests

Travel: I enjoy learning more about the world, meeting different people, as well as improving language and organizational skills.
Swimming: An amateur swimmer, I’ve participated in sport club competitions.
Cycling: I like cycling and I prefer going by bicycle instead of using public transport.
Music: Qualified to grade 5 on the guitar; also enjoy many genres of contemporary music.
Additional information

Computing Skills: Word, Exel, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop
Languages: Fluent English (IELTS 7.0) and C1 French level with DALF examination results.

Last edited:

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Education
[STRIKE]I am studying the[/STRIKE] Studying for Bachelor of Linguistics at ######. During my studies, I have gained a theoretical and practical background in linguistics, developed analytical and organizational skills and learnt how to deal with various problems in different situations.

Final-year dissertation: Paralinguistic means of expression and its impact on interpreter’s understanding of text.
I study the effect of paralinguistic features on people involved in the communication process. The aim is to demonstrate the importance of non-verbal means of expression for participants [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in communication, in particular, for the interpreter, who is able to make a better interpretation [STRIKE]due to[/STRIKE] using paralinguistic means.

Training

[STRIKE]Took [/STRIKE]Completed a course of English [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] in London. At the end of training, obtained level C1 in English.
I studied translation and interpretation in Marie Haps University in Brussels, Belgium, as part of the Erasmus student exchange programme.
[STRIKE] Took[/STRIKE]Completed a course of French [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] in Strasbourg. At the end of training, obtained level B2 in French.
[STRIKE]Took[/STRIKE]Completed a course of French [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] in Bordeaux.
[STRIKE]Took[/STRIKE]Completed a course of English [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] in Bournemouth. At the end of training, obtained level B1 in French.
Participated in the International Youth UN Conference 3 times during high school studies.
[STRIKE]Took[/STRIKE]Completed a course of English [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] in Hastings.

Work experience

During my work in #### I [STRIKE]have been translating[/STRIKE]translated articles of different types. I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] also studied publications of many world news agencies and [STRIKE]I have been[/STRIKE] was in charge of making a selection of articles to be translated for an international web page.

Activities and interests

Travel: I enjoy learning more about the world, meeting different people, as well as improving my language and organizational skills.
Swimming: As an amateur swimmer, I’ve participated in sports club competitions.
Cycling: I like cycling and I prefer going by bicycle instead of using public transport.
Music: Qualified to grade 5 on the guitar; also enjoy many genres of contemporary music.

Additional information

Languages: Fluent in English (IELTS 7.0) and C1 French level with DALF examination results.

Senie

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Education
[STRIKE]I am studying the[/STRIKE] Studying for Bachelor of Linguistics at ######. During my studies, I have gained a theoretical and practical background in linguistics, developed analytical and organizational skills and learnt how to deal with various problems in different situations.

I study the effect of paralinguistic features on people involved in the communication process. The aim is to demonstrate the importance of non-verbal means of expression for participants [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] in communication, in particular, for the interpreter, who is able to make a better interpretation [STRIKE]due to[/STRIKE] using paralinguistic means.

Training

[STRIKE]Took [/STRIKE]Completed a course of English [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] in London. At the end of training, obtained level C1 in English.
I studied translation and interpretation in Marie Haps University in Brussels, Belgium, as part of the Erasmus student exchange programme.
[STRIKE] Took[/STRIKE]Completed a course of French [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] in Strasbourg. At the end of training, obtained level B2 in French.
[STRIKE]Took[/STRIKE]Completed a course of French [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] in Bordeaux.
[STRIKE]Took[/STRIKE]Completed a course of English [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] in Bournemouth. At the end of training, obtained level B1 in French.
Participated in the International Youth UN Conference 3 times during high school studies.
[STRIKE]Took[/STRIKE]Completed a course of English [STRIKE]language[/STRIKE] in Hastings.

Work experience

During my work in #### I [STRIKE]have been translating[/STRIKE]translated articles of different types. I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] also studied publications of many world news agencies and [STRIKE]I have been[/STRIKE] was in charge of making a selection of articles to be translated for an international web page.

Activities and interests

Travel: I enjoy learning more about the world, meeting different people, as well as improving my language and organizational skills.
Swimming: As an amateur swimmer, I’ve participated in sports club competitions.

Additional information

Languages: Fluent in English (IELTS 7.0) and C1 French level with DALF examination results.

Thank you very much! That was of great help to me.

Prooffix

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
...and selected articles to be translated for an international web page.

Hope that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.