Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hi
I'm new in English.
Can anybody explain me the meaning of "That's about all"

Re: Expression?!

Hi.
I'm new [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] to learning English.
Can anybody explain to me the meaning of "That's about all"?
Thanks. :)

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Generally, it means "That's all" or "That's everything". The "about" could indicate that it's only "nearly everything" but sometimes we use your sentence to mean simply "That's all".

As Piscean explained, your original thread title was not helpful. Titles should include some or all of the words or phrases you are asking us about. I have changed your title.

Thank you from all of your posts.:-D

Thank you [strike]from[/strike] for all [strike]of[/strike] your [strike]posts[/strike] replies/responses. (Put a space after a full stop.) :-D

Please note in future that there is no need to write a new post to say "Thank you". Simply click on the "Thank" button on any post you find helpful, as you have already done.

Generally, it means "That's all" or "That's everything". The "about" could indicate that it's only "nearly everything" but sometimes we use your sentence to mean simply "That's all".

It could be used, for example, at the end of a meeting, when the speaker wants to introduce one last thing, possibly not related to the meeting, like thanking someone, etc.

Does "This is it" have the same meaning as "That's (about) all"?

"This is it" sounds almost doom-laden for me, like something someone would say seconds before the end of the world! However, "That's it" is used to mean the same as "That's all".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back