Student or Learner
Native Language
Telugu
Home Country
India
Current Location
UK
Hi
I read something in newspaper in my native language and it's related to indian cooking. I converted that in to english. If there is any mistakes, could you please correct my sentences below.

"I love to eat laddus. But they are broken everytime when i make at home. Could you please give me a tip for how to make round laddus without broken , like the ones we get from shops."

Hi
I read something in a newspaper in my native language and it's related to ​Indian cooking. I [STRIKE]converted[/STRIKE] translated [STRIKE]that[/STRIKE] it [STRIKE]in to[/STRIKE] into English. If there [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] are any mistakes, could you please correct my sentences below?

"I love to eat laddus. But they are broken everytime when i make at home.
I love to eat laddus but whenever I make them at home, they fall apart/they break.

Could you please give me a tip for how to make round laddus without [STRIKE]broken[/STRIKE] them breaking, like the ones we get from shops?"

See above for my corrections to your post and to your sentences about laddus. Note that I have rewritten the first sentence completely to make it natural. There is just one main correction to the second part.
Remember to capitalise proper nouns at all times (English, Indian, Australia, Microsoft, Shakespeare etc).

Thanks for your corrections.It's really helpful for my English improvement.

Thanks for your corrections. It's really helpful for my English improvement.

While we are at it, could you tell me what laddus is? If I go to an Indian restaurant and order laddus they will know what I am asking for, right?

:)

madhulatha, please note that a better title would have been I love to eat laddus.

Extract from the Posting Guidelines:

'Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.'

madhulatha, please note that a better title would have been I love to eat laddus.

Extract from the Posting Guidelines:

'Thread titles should include all or part of the word/phrase being discussed.'

Well, at least this one isn't titled Paragraph.
;-)

Laddus are one of the Indian traditional recipe, they tastes sweet and looks like tennis ball. It makes a big role in every Indian festival. You can buy the 'Laddus' from Indian sweet shops not from restaurants.:)

Yes, you are right. I have not given approprite title to my paragraph. I recently joined in this forum and using this first time. I am in the process of leaning the new things.

Thank U.

Say:

Laddus is a traditional Indian dish. Laddus tastes sweet, and they look like tennis balls. Laddus plays a big role in everyIndian festival. You can buy laddus from Indian sweet shops, but not from restaurants.

(Thanks to bhaisahab for making me hungry. ;-))

:)

Yes, you are right. I have not given appropriate titles to my [STRIKE]paragraph[/STRIKE] threads. I recently joined [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] this forum and am using [STRIKE]this[/STRIKE] it for the first time. I am in the process of learning [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] new things.

Thank [STRIKE]U[/STRIKE] you.

See my corrections above, in red. Please don't use textspeak/chatlish. There is no such word as "u".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back