Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Georgia
Current Location
Georgia
Hello,

Could you help me to guess these words?

Amphibians c * * live both in water and on land. (3 letters)

Singular form of 9 across.(5 letters)

Opposite of bored (10 letters)

* * (*t) * * (*e) * (*T) (* e) ( *d)

Thanks

Hello,

Could you help me to guess these words?

Amphibians c * * live both in water and on land. (3 letters)

Singular form of 9 across.(5 letters)

Opposite of bored (10 letters)

* * (*t) * * (*e) * (*T) (* e) ( *d)

Thanks
can, interested.
I'm having trouble with "Singular form of 9 across.(5 letters)" Is it koala?

I don't know. I don't understand what the question itself means 'singular form of nine across'.

I don't know. I don't understand what the question itself means 'singular form of nine across'.
Er ... it's a crossword puzzle. I thought you knew that. "9 across" means the word starting in the box labelled 9, and going across (rather than down) the puzzle.
What's the context of your questions if you haven't recognised these as crossword answers?

It means the singular form of the plural noun that was the answer to question 9 across.

Ha ha ha :D. I know what a crossword puzzle is you are right, but that word is not starting in the box labelled 9 and it is going down not across. That's why I was confused. The way this word is given is strange. It can be anything even koala :D.

Ha ha ha :D. I know what a crossword puzzle is you are right, but that word is not starting in the box labelled 9 and it is going down not across. That's why I was confused. The way this word is given is strange. It can be anything even koala :D.
Yes, but the word you want is not 9 across. It is the singular form of word at 9 across that you have to put into whichever space you are talking about.

The problem is that it is not 'at 9 across' as you said. So there must be a mistake in the book. This crossword was given in a textbook.

The problem is that it is not 'at 9 across' as you said. So there must be a mistake in the book. This crossword was given in a textbook.

Is there a 9 across in the crossword? If so, what is it?

I'm not sure you've quite grasped this. Here is an example:

9 across - Clue: Buildings in which people live (6 letters). Answer: Houses
16 down - Clue: Singular form of 9 across (5 letters). Answer: House.

Stop the world. This koala wants to get off.

I'm not sure you've quite grasped this. Here is an example:

9 across - Clue: Buildings in which people live (6 letters). Answer: Houses
16 down - Clue: Singular form of 9 across (5 letters). Answer: House.

There was no word in the singular form that I had to put into the plural like in your examples (house-houses). So your sentences didn't help to grasp the problem in this puzzle. There is nothing to grasp in fact. It must be a mistake in the crossword puzzle.

I'm still not clear on one thing. Is there or is there not a clue for "9 Across" in the crossword?

Yes, there is. It's 'kind'.

It's the answer.

In that case, you are quite right. There must be a typo. Out of curiosity, what was the clue for 9 Across?

In that case, you are quite right. There must be a typo. Out of curiosity, what was the clue for 9 Across?
You are a glutton for punishment.

The clue was 'opposite of mean'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back