Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Can somebody explain me diffrent beetween these sentences in English:

Recently many employers have been complaining about the XYZ. This problem is concerning the inappropriate .... ZYX,

Recently our employers have complained about the XYZ. This problem concerns the inappropriate .........ZYX

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: Could you explain me this ?

Can somebody please explain [STRIKE]me[/STRIKE] the difference between these sentences [STRIKE]in English[/STRIKE]:

Recently many employers have been complaining about the XYZ. This problem is concerning the inappropriate .... ZYX,

Recently our employers have complained about the XYZ. This problem concerns the inappropriate .........ZYX
In this context there's little effective difference between them.

It would help if you specified what XYZ was supposed to mean.

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Defining what "XYZ" refers to would also help us to determine whether the preceding article is necessary.

vogelvogelvogel3

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland

Recently many employers have been complaining about the problem with computers. This problem is concerning the inappropriate working of Excel.

Recently our employers have complained about the problem with computers. This problem concerns the inappropriate working of Excel.

GoesStation

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States

1) Recently many employers have been complaining about the problem with computers. This problem is concerning the inappropriate working of Excel.

2) Recently our employers have complained about the problem with computers. This problem concerns the inappropriate working of Excel.

You probably mean employees, not employers. The organization you work for is your employer; the people who work there are the organization's employees.

Here's a revised version of your text. I used parts from number 1 and number 2. I stayed close to your wording when I could.

Recently many employees have complained about a computer problem. The problem involves Excel working incorrectly.

vogelvogelvogel3

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland

Yes, thank you,

But I just need to know the diffrences beetween my two sentences. So could somebody explain me that ?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Can somebody explain me diffrent beetween these sentences in English:

I changed your thread title. Please remember not to use generic thread titles like "Please explain" or "Question."

Let's look at the differences:
"many employees" (I'm assuming you did mean employees) versus "our employees." -- The second says all of them are complaining.
"have been complaining" versus "have complained." -- The first says that it's been ongoing. In the second, perhaps everyone did once.
The phrase "inappropriate functioning" is very unnatural.

Recently we have been receiving a number of complaints from our employees about Excel not working correctly.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

Yes, thank you, but I just need to know the difference(s) between my two sentences. So could somebody explain it to me? [strike]that?[/strike]

Note my corrections above. You were shown in another thread that "explain me" is incorrect. Use either simply "explain or "explain ... to me". We don't put a space before a question mark.

Re-read posts #7 and #8 regarding the difference (if any) between your ideas.

vogelvogelvogel3

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Let's look at the differences:
"many employees" (I'm assuming you did mean employees) versus "our employees." -- The second says all of them are complaining.
"have been complaining" versus "have complained." -- The first says that it's been ongoing. In the second, perhaps everyone did once.
The phrase "inappropriate functioning" is very unnatural.

Ok thank you so much, This is an answer which I was expecting to.

Tell me the phrase: inappropriate development" is natural or not ?

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Tell me the phrase: inappropriate development" is natural or not ?
Please tell me if the phrase "inappropriate development" is natural or not. [It's not a question and you incorrectly left a space before the question mark.]

Please study the corrections we make to your text and learn from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.