Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Singapore
I think rp is related to a certain language. Maybe English. But I am not sure.

As for what the RP sounds like, think of how the British Royal Family and the English aristocracy sound. That's RP.

Last edited:
I just forgot to put does. thanks. anyway! is RP considered as standard English?

Okay! then RP must be standard.:)

Well, it is one of many forms of standard English. Obviously nobody can say it is wrong. But it is spoken by a small and extremely elite minority. Imitating the pronunciation in hopes of joining the crowd: probably not a good idea.

Last edited:
Well, it is one of many forms of standard English. Obviously nobody can say it is wrong. But it is spoken by a small and extremely elite minority. Imitating the pronunciation in hopes of joining the crowd: probably not a good idea.
Which one would you recommend then to those who wouldn't like to stick out? :)

Which one would you recommend then to those who wouldn't like to stick out? :)

In the North American context the neutral accent is what I like to call CNN. I am not qualified to speak in the case of BrE.

In the North American context the neutral accent is what I like to call CNN. I am not qualified to speak in the case of BrE.

:up:

I wonder if someone could suggest the BBC accent for the UK. (I am not quite sure if there is a distinct one these days - we might well be considering various channels instead :-D )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back