[General] Daily language training with some new words :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac-rum

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello :) I'm looking for a good way to improve my English. I decided that writing will very good. I'm not sure if this topic is fine, because I saw a point about "homework". It isn't homework, I just want to write a couple of short sentences each day with new words, because learning words without context doesn't make sense imo. My main goal is: improve gramma, learn new words, pharsal verbs, idioms and "daily" language (slang) :) I hope this topic is compatible with forum :)

My sentences today (expressions which are new for me are underlined):

Hello everybody, my name is Maciej, this is my first post and I'd like to improve my English as soon as possible! :) It's my little dream to be able boast about my language skills in future and I'm looking forward to my language progress. I'm aware that people are busy and maybe there are nobody who will have a time to helps me, but I will patient :) Ok... It's time to have a dinner which looks mouth-watering!

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'll start: I'm aware that.

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Hello, I'm looking for a good way to improve my English. I decided that writing [STRIKE]will[/STRIKE] would be a very good start. [STRIKE]I'm not sure if this topic is fine, because[/STRIKE] I saw a point about "homework" not being allowed on the site, but [STRIKE]It[/STRIKE] this isn't homework; I just want to write a couple of short sentences each day with new words, because learning words without context doesn't make sense IMO. My main goals [STRIKE]is:[/STRIKE] are to improve my grammar, and learn new words, phrasal verbs, idioms and [STRIKE]"daily"[/STRIKE] colloquial language (including slang). I hope this topic is compatible with forum.

My sentences today are as follows (expressions which are new for me are underlined):

Hello everybody, my name is Maciej. This is my first post, and I'd like to improve my English as soon as possible! It's my little dream to be able to boast about my language skills in future, and I'm looking forward to making progress with that. [STRIKE]my language progress.[/STRIKE] I'm aware that people are busy, and maybe [STRIKE]there are[/STRIKE] nobody has [STRIKE]who will have a[/STRIKE] the time to help me, but I will patient. OK, It's time to have dinner which tonight looks mouth-watering!

Welcome to the forum, Maciej. :)

Last edited:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello. [strike]:)[/strike]

Remember to put a punctuation mark at the end of every sentence. Please don't try to make your own emoticons. If you must use one, click on the :) icon in the toolbar and choose the appropriate one.

Status
Not open for further replies.