wishes...:))

Status
Not open for further replies.

nada salman

Member Type
Student or Learner
hello guys,,i want some help about wishes you know the type of wishes i feel like i have no idea about the differences between them and i've never found a simple and clear explanation so if you can help i'll really appreciate iit,,thanks in advance,,:))

hello guys,,i want some help about wishes you know the type of wishes i feel like i have no idea about the differences between them and i've never found a simple and clear explanation so if you can help i'll really appreciate iit,,thanks in advance,,:))

Your question is very vague. Do you have any specific question about the word "wishes?

Your question is very vague. Do you have any specific question about the word "wishes?
welll there are types like when we want to wish sth in the present or in the past or in the future that's what i mean

welll there are types like when we want to wish sth in the present or in the past or in the future that's what i mean

1)Wishes about present states: these wishes use the past simple after the verb wish.

I wish I knew the answer to this question. ( In this case, I don’t know the answer)
I wish I didn’t have so much work to do.

2)Wishes about past events: these wishes use the past perfect after the verb wish.

I wish I had gone to your party last week. ( In this case, I didn’t go)
I wish you had told me about the test. I haven’t done any revision.

3)Wishes about future events: could and have to.

Wishes using could refer to ability or to future time.
I wish I could drive. (ability)
I wish June could meet me next week. (future time)

Wishes with have to can also refer to future time.
I wish I didn’t have to get up early tomorrow.

4)Wishes about future events: would (annoying habits). These wishes use would after the verb wish.

They often take the form of a complaint about a bad habit.
I wish Peter wouldn’t chew gum all the time.

This kind of wish may also refer to a specific action you would like to happen.
I wish the police would do something about these people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back