[Grammar] Likely most Vs Even most

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anial

Member Type
Student or Learner
Although Ms. Bakara had previously emphasized that she could not speak for other Black people, she ventured to do so on this one occasion because she firmly believed that many minority people, likely most, would agree with her.

(A) do so on this one occasion because she firmly believed that many minority people, likely most, would agree

(B) speak on this one occasion since she firmly believed that many minority people, likely most, would have agreed

(C) so speak on this one occasion due to her firmly believing that many minority people, even most, would likely agree

(D) do so on this one occasion because she firmly believed that many minority people, if not most, would agree

(E) do so on this one occasion since she firmly believed many minority people, and even most, would likely agree

Hi Guys,
C is the best choice for this question as per GMAT. I am unable to get the difference between likely most, even most, and if not most. Can you please help me out.
Thanks

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Although Ms. Bakara had previously emphasized that she could not speak for other Black people, she ventured to do so on this one occasion because she firmly believed that many minority people, likely most, would agree with her.

(A) do so on this one occasion because she firmly believed that many minority people, likely most, would agree

(B) speak on this one occasion since she firmly believed that many minority people, likely most, would have agreed

(C) so speak on this one occasion due to her firmly believing that many minority people, even most, would likely agree

(D) do so on this one occasion because she firmly believed that many minority people, if not most, would agree

(E) do so on this one occasion since she firmly believed many minority people, and even most, would likely agree

Hi Guys,
C is the best choice for this question as per GMAT. I am unable to get the difference between likely most, even most, and if not most. Can you please help me out.
Thanks
many minority people, likely most, means:
many minority people; in fact, it's likely that most minority people, feel this way ...
many minority people, even most,
means:
many minority people, perhaps even most minority people, feel this way ... (Perhaps most minority people, even.)

You can also say
many minority people, perhaps most,
many minority people, maybe most,
many minority people, possibly most,
many minority people, probably most,

Status
Not open for further replies.