English Teacher
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Hi, everybody!Could you help me with this question:

I have to type about 10 letters __. It's my job.
A. today B. yesterday C. tomorrow D. everyday
I choose A."today", not "everyday", which is used as an adjective. Am I right?:?:

Hi, everybody!Could you help me with this question:

I choose A."today", not "everyday", which is used as an adjective. Am I right?:?:

No, I would choose everyday. Your job is more likely something you do everyday, not just today.

not a teacher

No, I would choose everyday. Your job is more likely something you do everyday, not just today.

not a teacher

"D" is also my first choice. However, I didn't choose it because D. "everyday" (adj), not "every day" (adv). Is it a typo mistake?
Regards!:roll:

"D" is also my first choice. However, I didn't choose it because D. "everyday" (adj), not "every day" (adv). Is it a typo mistake?
Either A or C would fit, as you rightly say "everyday" is not correct.

Either A or C would fit, as you rightly say "everyday" is not correct.

Can there be two correct answers to a multiple choice question?

Can there be two answers in a multiple choice question?
There shouldn't be, but sometimes multiple choice questions are badly thought out.;-)

It could be a typo, or it could be that whoever wrote the question was not aware of the difference between 'every day' and 'everyday'.

Hi there,

If you choose C, the sentence should be 'I will have to type about 10 letters tomorrow.' Right?

Since it is a routine that the writer has to type about 10 letters, 'D' should be the option, but it should be 'every day'. In American English, both 'everyday' and 'every day' are adverbs. So I think the question may be written by an American.

pete

Hi there,

If you choose C, the sentence should be 'I will have to type about 10 letters tomorrow.' Right? No, you don't need "will".

Since it is a routine that the writer has to type about 10 letters, 'D' should be the option, but it should be 'every day'. In American English, both 'everyday' and 'every day' are adverbs. So I think the question may be written by an American.
"everyday" is not an adverb in American English.; it's an adjective.
pete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back