Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
My little brother tested me with these examination questions, but I'm not sure with my answers. Please help me fill in the blanks. THANKS A LOT!

Ⅰ Fill in the blanks. One word each blank.
A: Hello, Steve! Where have you been these days?
B: Hello, Ben! I stayed at home.
A: I didn’t notice your seat was empty _1__ the teacher called names just now. She called your name three times but __2__ replied.
B: I’m sorry that I didn’t call the teacher.
A: I heard that you fell when climbing the mountain last weekend.
B: Yes, I did. Last Friday morning, when I started to climb the mountain the weather was fine. As I __3_ got to the top of the mountain, it suddenly _4_ .It began to rain heavily and the_ 5_ dropped a lot.
A: So you’d better __6_ at once, for you were cold and wet then.
B: Yes, I did. But walking in the rain was hard for me to keep the _7_ of my body. So I had a fall and hurt my knee on my way back.
A: Did you see a doctor?
B: Yes. _8_ I still can’t walk as usual, there’s _9_ serious. The reason why I have to lie in bed is my fever _10_ that.

ⅡChoose the correct words to fill in the blanks.
they, pay, hard, energy, happy, thrill, explain, easy, send, one, see, noise

An old man lived in a side street of a small town. Every day after supper, some children would play football in the street. The children were too _1_ for the old man to have a good rest.
One evening, the old man told the children that he would give them 25 cents each week _2_ them play football in the street at night. He said, “I am so glad when you play football happily.” This was his _3_ . The boys were _4_ , for they could_ 5_ believe that they could _6_ to do something they enjoyed.
At the end _7_ two weeks, the boys came in the old man’s house, and went away each time happily with _8_ 25 cents. The third week when they came back, however, the old man said he had nearly run out of his money and _9_ them away with 15 cents. The fourth week, the old man said he was ill and he had spent almost all his money on medicine. He gave the boys only 10 cents. The boys were very _10_ , but there was not much for them to do about it.
At the end of the fifth week, the boys came back again only to get 5 cents. After that, the children never played football in the street again.

Last edited:

registered

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Who can help me? THANKS!

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
It sounds like homework to me, too.

Read the rules.

Rover

AmyYvonne

Member Type
Student or Learner
I agree, it looks like homework and I think it can be a fun exercise for the poster to just put what they feel naturally fits. That is the fun part of learning English. Do not be afraid to experiement with words and their meanings.

registered

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
The normal way to do this is for you to enter your best answers. Someone will comment on your answers. This seems to be some sort of homework, is it? The choices under II do not seem to fit - you may want to check the source material.

It's not homework, but the practice test for high school entrance. He wants to test my English level.:-?

My answer for the 1st part is as following(I'm really not sure wheather they are right):
1. when 2.nobody 3.just 4.rained 5.rain 6.return 7.balance
8.But 9. 10.makes

The 9th blank, I really don't know which word is proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.