[Essay] how does education bring positive change?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rambo.j

Member Type
Student or Learner
sir
i am going to give a seminar about ''education brings positive change''.
can you give any suggestions about particular topic?
i am waiting for your answer.

thank you,

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Welcome to the board, Rambo.

Sir or Madam, We also have female contributors to the board.

I am going to give a seminar with the title ''Education Brings Positive Change''.

Can you give any suggestions about this particular topic?

I am waiting for your answer.

Thank you.

We start sentences with capital letters and capitalise I wherever it appears.

Rover

rx-f

Member Type
English Teacher
It looks like you're from India. I think there must be a lot of examples of education bringing positive change in your country. If you look around, you will probably see many answers to your question.

Which industries have grown rapidly in India in recent years? Has education played a part in that growth?

One example is the way many western companies have moved their customer support services to India. English language education has been important in that sector.

Can you think of some other examples from your own country?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
It looks like you're from India. I think there must be a lot of examples of education bringing positive change in your country. If you look around, you will probably see many answers to your question.

Which industries have grown rapidly in India in recent years? Has education played a part in that growth?

One example is the way many western companies have moved their customer support services to India. English language education has been important in that sector.

Can you think of some other examples from your own country?
The reasons that many western companies have moved customer support to India are that there is a strong base of English speaking people, at least 100 million fluent and many many more semi fluent, and, the big advantage, they are cheap to employ.

Last edited:

rx-f

Member Type
English Teacher
I was wondering after posting whether I had the cause and effect the wrong way round.

Still, I wonder whether the people in those industries haven't received considerable training in order to do their jobs. Have the call centre employees received accent training? Do they take English lessons to brush up their level or get ahead of the competition when interviewing and being considered for promotion? Training in the industry they work in?

Is there a large proportion of the population that speaks English in the home, or is there a lot of English teaching going on? There might be a lot of semi-fluent speakers of English in India - but the question is by what means they reach that level. If it happens through studying, then that's an example of education bringing positive economic change.

What about tourism? Does learning English bring more tourist money into someone's business in India? It does in a lot of countries.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I was wondering after posting whether I had the cause and effect the wrong way round.

Still, I wonder whether the people in those industries haven't received considerable training in order to do their jobs. Have the call centre employees received accent training? Do they take English lessons to brush up their level or get ahead of the competition when interviewing and being considered for promotion? Training in the industry they work in?

Is there a large proportion of the population that speaks English in the home, or is there a lot of English teaching going on? There might be a lot of semi-fluent speakers of English in India - but the question is by what means they reach that level. If it happens through studying, then that's an example of education bringing positive economic change.

What about tourism? Does learning English bring more tourist money into someone's business in India? It does in a lot of countries.
Sorry, I said 100 thousand when I meant 100 million, I have corrected it in my post. It's true that 100 million doesn't represent a large proportion of the population (about 10%) and they are almost exclusively in the big cities. It's also true that western companies moving there has sparked growth in the learning of English.
I think, however, that the reasons they initially relocated there are those that I gave in my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.