locational phrases

Status
Not open for further replies.

mt5743a

Member Type
Other
Could someone please tell me the correct wording for the following two sentence?

1) My house and that of my neighbor face at both sides of at least one direction with respect to a bakery shop.

2) My house and that of my neighbor face at both sides of at least the other direction perpendicular to a bakery shop.

Thank you.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Could someone please tell me the correct wording for the following two sentence?

1) My house and that of my neighbor face at both sides of at least one direction with respect to a bakery shop.

2) My house and that of my neighbor face at both sides of at least the other direction perpendicular to a bakery shop.

Thank you.

Neither of those sentences make any sense, I'm afraid. I can't understand at all the location of your house, your neighbour's house or the bakery!

mt5743a

Member Type
Other
Dear emsr2d2

Thank you for responding to my posting. I've created a chart to show you the location of each of the places, which is attached. I have also modified my second question. Could you please review them for me?

Thank you very much.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Dear emsr2d2

Thank you for responding to my posting. I've created a chart to show you the location of each of the places, which is attached. I have also modified my second question. Could you please review them for me?

Thank you very much.

There was no attached file.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Well, according to your picture:

My house and my neighbour's house are/stand on either side of a bakery.
There is a bakery between my house and my neighbour's house.

I'm not sure what relevance the "push pin" picture had.

Perpendicular is the same as "at right angles to". In the capital letter "T", the vertical line is perpendicular to the horizontal line.

Status
Not open for further replies.