How would you grade this essay? 1 - 100.

Status
Not open for further replies.

daaniellew

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
This is for a Sophomore class.

Its about someones life goals and how they plan on reaching them. These are not my thoughts so please dont call me superficial or anything. Thank you!

I consider goals a necessity for success in one’s life. How will you ever obtain success if you have nothing to reach for? I believe goals should be set high so you have something really worth trying to reach. If you set goals low and easily reach them then you haven’t accomplished anything remotely close to what I call success. I have high standards for the life I want to live, so of course I have high goals to go along with it. I’ve set many goals for my life, perhaps even too many. The life I dream of isn’t one the average person can get a hold of. I’m good at getting what I want from my parents, however this life isn’t something they cant simply buy me. It requires hard work, dedication, perseverance, and most of all money and I’m the only person who can make it happen.
The most important goal is one I’ve had in my mind since I was a little girl, to live in a big house right on the beach. Everything about the seaside attracts me, the white sand, the blue water, the smell of salt in the air, and the sound of the waves crashing. I adore the relaxing atmosphere the beach gives off. To think about sitting on the back porch facing the ocean with a Vogue magazine in my hands makes me happier that anyone could imagine.
This may sound superficial, but I love money. More specific, I love being able to buy anything I could ever want and obviously that requires a great deal of money. The idea of going out shopping in New York City and bringing home a Chanel necklace, a Louis Vuitton purse, and a pair of Dolce and Gabbana sunglasses sends shivers down my spine. In order to buy these accessories I need a high-end job so I can afford them. Fashion has always been in my heart and an extremely big part of my life so I couldn’t think of a better job than one that deals with fashion.
This is the toughest goal because I’m not entirely sure which route I want to go in the fashion industry. My first thought was a runway model, however being that skinny is slightly repulsing so I ruled that out. Then I considered a fashion designer, but I’m not creative enough to design clothes that people would actually wear. What I am good at though is putting together outfits from various articles of clothing and turning it into something great.
Like nearly every other girl out there I want to find the perfect guy for me, fall in love, and have a dream wedding in a huge church in New York City. There’s not really a right way to go about obtaining this goal, so I’m not sure how I’ll succeed at this one. God is the only one who can help me to achieve it. He’ll bring me to that perfect guy or He’ll bring him to me. Either way I’ll be happy.
As you can see, I have some far-fetched goals that will take nothing but dedication to attain. I’m going to have to work hard and keep these goals in my mind at all times so when I feel like giving up, I can think of the future I could potentially have and keep on going strong. The long road towards my goals starts now. I may not be able to get a job in the fashion industry right now or search for my perfect beach house but I can work on the little things like staying in school and getting good grades, the first steps to my perfect life.

Last edited:

daaniellew

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
High School Sophomore! Not a college Sophomore! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.