Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
If you don't start making some effort to use capital letters and punctuation marks correctly, abtin, your posts will be deleted. You have been asked several times this morning.

This is an English Language forum, and members should do their best to write accurately. Learners will make mistakes, of course; that is natural. However, there is no excuse for some of the mistakes you are making now.

Last edited:

BobSmith

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you don't start making some effort to use capital letters and punctuation marks correctly, abtin, your posts will be deleted. You have been asked several times this morning.

This is an English Language forum, and members should do their best to write accurately. Learners will make mistakes, of course; that is natural. However, there is no excuse for some of the mistakes you are making now.

The last reply from abtin was at 03:43. There is no evidence that abtin has read any of these replies. I would assume that you'd give abtin the same chance to adjust that you afford any other member with only a few posts.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
The last reply from abtin was at 03:43. There is no evidence that abtin has read any of these replies. I would assume that you'd give abtin the same chance to adjust that you afford any other member with only a few posts.

abtin was last on the site at 10:03 UK time, more than five minutes after his/her last post. I think it's fair to assume that s/he has at least read the responses to the earlier posts.

BobSmith

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
abtin was last on the site at 10:03 UK time, more than five minutes after his/her last post. I think it's fair to assume that s/he has at least read the responses to the earlier posts.

What's important is if abtin has read the replies BEFORE a given post, not after. He/She made 6 back-to-back posts from 4:35 to 4:57 (GMT-05). I can't believe this person had time to read the answers, and continue to post.

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
What's important is if abtin has read the replies BEFORE a given post, not after. He/She made 6 back-to-back posts from 4:35 to 4:57 (GMT-05). I can't believe this person had time to read the answers, and continue to post.

Have you read the posts in the thread "whats up" (sic)?

BobSmith

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Have you read the posts in the thread "whats up" (sic)?

Yes I have. In the most conservative scenario, abtin read one thread requesting correct capitalization and punctuation, posted a new thread (several new threads), and then was told if he/she doesn’t comply, his/her posts will be deleted. I’m suggesting that this isn’t how most new users are (nor should be) treated, after what amounts to one additional infraction.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Yes I have. In the most conservative scenario, abtin read one thread requesting correct capitalization and punctuation, posted a new thread (several new threads), and then was told if he/she doesn’t comply, his/her posts will be deleted. I’m suggesting that this isn’t how most new users are (nor should be) treated, after what amounts to one additional infraction.
In your most conservative scenario, that person read one thread requesting correct capitalization and punctuation and ignored it. I'm suggesting that this isn't how most users, new or otherwise do (or should) behave.

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
Hello, everyone!:-D

I think abtin has so many questions that s/he doesn't have enough time to check his/her posts.

It could be a better idea to wait and see how abtin will behave.

Please give him/her the chance.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
It could be a better idea to wait and see how abtin will behave.

Please give him/her the chance.
Re-read post three, particularly the first seven words, which included the words 'start' and 'make an effort'.

tzfujimino

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Japanese
Home Country
Japan
Current Location
Japan
I'm really sorry, 5jj.
I overreacted to your word "delete."
I'm a little tired today, so somehow I mistook your "if" for "as."
But...please don't be so hard on him/her.
It's possible that abtin doesn't use computers well, and s/he doesn't know how to capitalize letters on the keyboard.
If so...
Abtin, are you reading my message here?
Try 'Shift' key + 'alphabet' key!
This is how I capitalize letters on the keyboard!:-D:-D

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
I'm really sorry, 5jj.
I overreacted to your word "delete."
I'm a little tired today, so somehow I mistook your "if" for "as."
But...please don't be so hard on him/her.
It's possible that abtin doesn't use computers well, and s/he doesn't know how to capitalize letters on the keyboard.
If so...
Abtin, are you reading my message here?
Try 'Shift' key + 'alphabet' key!
This is how I capitalize letters on the keyboard!:-D:-D

abtin knows how to capitalise correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.