Interested in Language
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Hello guys! I need some help regarding wh passive questions. Take the example:

Where is the famous beach of Acapulco located? --> This sentecne is corret bcoz it follows the rule [wh-question + to be + subject + past participle]

However I'd like to know if it's wrong to say: Where is located the famous beach of Acapulco?

According to my grammar it's not right, but on the other hand it doesn't sound so bad.

Thxs for the help!

Hello Bruna.:) I'm not a teacher, but I can tell you that the second question is not right at all. If you carefully read it again, you'll know that's it doesn't sound right. Your grammar formula is correct, just follow it. That's just my opinion.

Welcome to the forum, Bruna. :hi:
Where is the famous beach of Acapulco located? --> This sente[STRIKE]c[/STRIKE]ncne is corret [STRIKE]bcoz [/STRIKE] because it follows the rule [wh-question + to be + subject + past participle]
Your second sentence is not correct.

Thanks guys...That's what I thought so! I just needed to be sure abt it, bcoz sometimes spoken English is not like that in the grammar.

In case of doubt, stick to the rule ;-) !!

Thanks guys. (one full stop is enough) That's what I thought [STRIKE]so[/STRIKE]! I just needed to be sure [STRIKE]abt[/STRIKE] about it, [STRIKE]bcoz[/STRIKE] because sometimes spoken English is not like that in the grammar.

In case of doubt, stick to the rule! ;-) [STRIKE]![/STRIKE]

Please don't use the "textspeak" style of abbreviation on the forum. It can be very confusing, especially for beginners. Please write all English words in full (standard contractions such as "don't" or "hasn't" are OK).

Please don't use the "textspeak" style of abbreviation on the forum. It can be very confusing, especially for beginners. Please write all English words in full (standard contractions such as "don't" or "hasn't" are OK).

All right. I'll watch it out in the next posts. I'm a new member and I'm getting to know the rules.

Thank you.

All right. I'll watch it out in the next posts. I'm a new member and I'm getting to know the rules.

Thank you.

That's fine! I only repeated it because 5jj clearly crossed out "bcoz" in your first post and replaced it with "because" but you then used "bcoz" again in your next post.

However, it is refreshing to find a new member who takes these things on board so fast and is happy to learn the rules! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back