Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Libya
Current Location
Libya
Hi all,
I studied the English language because, I think it's very important today. And

I'm also happy that my profession would be teaching children a new language in their realm of education but, I seem to need to learn more:-(. Will any teacher tell me why he or she chose to be a teacher?

My truthful answer is not very inspiring. I enjoyed languages at school and university, and then drifted into teaching because I couldn't think of anything else to do. A PGCE teaching qualification seemed the passport to a safe career if ever I decided to settle down, and TEFL gave me the chance to travel at no cost.

It was only after I had been teaching for some time that I discovered that I found it personally satisfying to help people learn something that I found enjoyable. I did briefly leave teaching a couple of times, but soon returned.

Hi

Mine is somehow similar to what 5jj mentioned (I wanted to be a dentist, then an artist but I couldn't, so I ended up teaching). I've been teaching for 11 years. First I started teaching kids and teens for 5 years, through the end of the 5th year I really needed a change of career :eek:nfire:, I couldn't bear teaching, by the way it wasn't my favorite filed at all. I didn't expect to be a teacher, I couldn't tolerate teaching at all, but I ended up teaching and I was so fed up with it. You know I found the kids and teens nerve-racking:crazyeye:. I had a change of work place and started teaching adults and really I found it so rewarding, I feel thrilled and really energetic.I like going through my stuff to teach one point in the best possible way. Now I know it wasn't teaching that I couldn't bear, it was kids and teens!! I don't think of having a change of career, I like them. If one day I don't go to work (on holidays), I feel down, cross my heart!:-D
Good Luck!

Another drifter here- I did English at university and then decided to teach abroad for a year or two, liked it and stayed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back