Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Afghanistan
I was searching for a dictionary of phrasal verbs but couldn't find any. Can anyone please tell where can I download dictionary of phrasal verbs? The one given on this site looks very authentic and comprehensive, but is not in a form I can download or see like I can see idioms. Is there any way I can see the phrasal verbs given in that dictionary the way I can see idioms?

Last edited:
I was searching for a dictionary of phrasal verbs but couldn't find any. Can anyone please tell where can I download dictionary of phrasal verbs? The one given on this site looks very authentic and comprehensive, but is not in a form I Can download or see like I can see idioms. Is there any way I can see the phrasal verbs given in that dictionary the way I can see idioms?

Is this what you are looking for? Phrasal Verbs List

Bhaisahab, thank you for this. I, however, have found a way to see the list of phrasal verbs by Alphabets on this very site, by trial and error. That was easy. I just had to click 'index'. Sorry to have bothered you.

Have you explored the possibilities on this page?

Rover

Yeah, I have seen all this; I found the following page to be best among all the pages I could find on the internet.
usingenglish.com/reference/phrasal-verbs/a.html

Earlier I couldn't access this page, or else, I wouldn't have posted/started this thread.
Anyway, thanks for the help both Bhaisahab and Rover_KE.

Yeah, I have seen all this; I found the following page to be best among all the pages I could find on the internet.
usingenglish.com/reference/phrasal-verbs/a.html

Earlier I couldn't access this page, or else, I wouldn't have posted/started this thread.
Anyway, thanks for the help both Bhaisahab and Rover_KE.

***NOT A TEACHER***

Please read the intended meaning of the word "Yeah" here; post #4

Thank you.

Thank you for this information, Odessa. I didn't mean to insinuate that. In fact, I wanted to show acceptance of what Rover had said.The other mistake that I seem to have made in my second last post is, I used superlative degree of adjective( i.e. best) without the definite article 'the'(?).

ps. I have been addressing to teachers by their names(real or pseudo). I am doing so for during my early days here, I was advised, by majority of the teachers , not to utter words like 'Sir', 'Ma'am', and the likes. My addressing to them by their names doesn't mean I am not showing respect to them. I am, in fact, indebted for their help and invaluable lessons.

Last edited:
If any of the teachers has read my above posts, can they please tell where do I need to work with my english? I believe I have no problem as far as sentence structure is concerned. Two areas that I think I need to work, to improve are punctuation and style(?)

If any of the teachers has read my above posts, can they please tell where do I need to work with my [STRIKE]e[/STRIKE]English? I believe I have no problem as far as sentence structure is concerned. Two areas that I think I need to work, to improve are punctuation and style(?)

***NOT A TEACHER***

Please, aachu, note that the word English is a proper noun which means that the first letter (e) must be capitalized.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back