[Vocabulary] What is the meaning of "mennonough" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elka021

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Hey guys, I'm translating an episode of a TV show called "scandal" and there, a woman was talking about "Kurkistan" and mentioned that "if I lived there, I would have been married off to feed the mennonough to keep growing opiumin the fields."

I don't get the meaning of "mennonough". I checked my dictionaries and also Googled it but it was waste of time.

Any help would be appreciated.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hey guys, I'm translating an episode of a TV show called "scandal" and there, a woman was talking about "Kurkistan" and mentioned that "if I lived there, I would have been married off to feed the mennonough to keep growing opiumin the fields."

I don't get the meaning of "mennonough". I checked my dictionaries and also Googled it but it was waste of time.

Any help would be appreciated.

Are you sure it isn't "... I would have been married off to feed the men enough to keep growing opium ..."?

Edit: I just found this on a TV review website: "In fact Millie's whole speech about how if they had been born in rural Kurdistan they would have been married at 12 and growing opium in the fields ..."

Last edited:

elka021

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Persian
Home Country
Iran
Current Location
Iran
Are you sure it isn't "... I would have been married off to feed the men enough to keep growing opium ..."?

Edit: I just found this on a TV review website: "In fact Millie's whole speech about how if they had been born in rural Kurdistan they would have been married at 12 and growing opium in the fields ..."

Thank you so very much. What you said was a great hint, because I listened again and again - as she talks fast- and noticed that it is "men enough" although in the English subtitle it is "mennonough".

Appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.