Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Swedish
Home Country
Sweden
Current Location
Sweden
Hey there. I looked up the meaning everywhere, I googled it several times but I couldn't find the meaning of it.

What does "twatage" mean?

Context? Because the only reference I could find remotely close to it is "twat", and that's not a word you want to use.

PS: I found this reference: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=twatage. Keep in mind that urbandictionary.com deals mainly with slang/informal language.

Last edited:
A slang coinage that I suspect is not destined to survive. It refers to how much textile material is covering a woman's private parts.

strange but interesting slang :roll:

Hi i want to ask if is this sentence right: "your favorite tweaks across the globe"

your favorite tweaks across the globe

It's not a sentence, but it's OK as a phrase. In most contexts, it should start with a capital letter.

Please start a new thread for a different question.

A slang coinage that I suspect is not destined to survive. It refers to how much textile material is covering a woman's private parts.

It could also be used to assess how much stupidity was involved in something- I have heard it used this way in the UK.

In BrE, tw*t as a verb can mean hit someone, so it could be used to describe a level of violence, I suppose,l though I haven't heard this used.

I agree with the level of stupidity suggestion. The word "twat" is slang for both a vagina and an idiot. It's used more commonly for the latter meaning and, in that context, in BrE, I would say it's not considered particularly offensive. I call people twats all the time - bad drivers, people who don't say "Thank you" when I hold a door open for them, my flatmate when he makes a really bad joke. On that basis, I would understand and accept "He's demonstrating a high level of twatage today". I might even spell it "twattage". I don't know. I've never written it down! I can also imagine something like "What a load of old twatage", rather than "a load of old rubbish/twaddle".

In American slang, it doesn't mean slap or idiot. It just means vagina. But it's often used figuratively. In American slang, the suffix -age is a humorous form of pluralization. So though I've never heard the word twatage, it would seem, in American slang, to be a crude word for women.

So though I've never heard the word twatage, it would seem, in American slang, to be a crude word for women.
Not if you've read the Urban Dictionary entry, the link posted in #2.

Agreed. It'd be more likely to survive if it had a double t. Compare 'Satan' and 'wattage'.

b

Yes, it sounds like a play on wattage, which already has a double-T. Since twat doesn't, I think the author can get away with twatage.

PS - There used to be a feminist rock band where I live called the Twatones. Can't remember the music, but I'll always remember the name.

Yes, it sounds like a play on wattage, which already has a double-T. Since twat doesn't, I think the author can get away with twatage.

Neither does "admit" have a double 't', but "admittance" does. So, IMO, the author believes​ s/he can get away with it, when they don't.

Twot is an alternative BrE form, so twottage would also get the pronunciation of wattage.

Twot is an alternative BrE form, so twottage would also get the pronunciation of wattage.

If it were to survive, the pronunciation could be double, as is in "garage". ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back