Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hallo everyone'
I have to complete the following sentences using Past Perfect Simple. Could you help me, please? Thanks in advance:)

I had a shower, then Susie arrived.
When Susie..............
We swapped numbers, and the next day he called.
The day after..............

We don't do homework.

How do you form the past perfect?

Hallo everyone'
I have to complete the following sentences using Past Perfect Simple. Could you help me, please? Thanks in advance:)

When Susie..............
The day after..............
In any case, you can't have a Past Perfect Simple tense. It's either simple or compound; and the past perfect is compound because it uses an auxiliary verb. And you've compounded the error by making a three-letter initialism for your non-existent tense.

In any case, you can't have a Past Perfect Simple tense. It's either simple or compound; and the past perfect is compound because it uses an auxiliary verb.
I agree.

However, indifferent's mistake is understandable. There are many otherwise reasonably sound internet sites that insist on labelling all non-progressive forms 'simple'.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot, but passing over the name I'd like to ask you wheather the two transformation are correct:

When Susie arrived, I had already had a shower.
The day after we had swapped numbers, he called.

Those are fine. The past simple also works in the second.

I agree.

However, indifferent's mistake is understandable. There are many otherwise reasonably sound internet sites that insist on labelling all non-progressive forms 'simple'.
Yes, so I see. I was brought up with simple and compound tenses, in which, if a tense was compound, it wasn't simple. Now I see that some sites are also calling compound tenses complex. Sorry, indifferent, I guess you can call them what you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back