Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hello.

What the human race is suffering from is mass hypnosis. We are being hypnotized by people like this: newsreaders, politicians, teachers, lecturers. We are in a country and in a world that is being run by unbelievably sick people. The chasm between what we're told is going on and what is really going on is absolutely enormous.

To be honest, I've never heard "in a country" and "in a world". I think "the" sounds better in the both cases. Maybe speaker told it specially to emphasize something.

What do you think?

Boris.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello.

What the human race is suffering from is mass hypnosis. We are being hypnotized by people like this: newsreaders, politicians, teachers, lecturers. We are in a country and in a world that is being run by unbelievably sick people. The chasm between what we're told is going on and what is really going on is absolutely enormous.

To be honest, I've never heard "in a country" and "in a world". I think "the" sounds better in the both cases. Maybe the speaker [strike]told[/strike] said/used it specifically to emphasize something.

What do you think?

Boris.

No. Each one of us lives in a country and in a world. We live on the earth.

I don't want to live in a world where everyone lies to me.
I'd like to live in a world where people don't kill each other.
We are all living in a world where 1% of the population earns 98% of the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.