Status
Not open for further replies.
I notice that five people have been named for liking the above post. Is there a limit to the number of names?

This is an improvement on the old system, which said 'Tom, Dick, Harry and three others liked this post.' (This often excluded the name of the OP, who was probably one of the first to like it.)

This is an improvement on the old system, which said 'Tom, Dick, Harry and three others liked this post.' (This often excluded the name of the OP, who was probably one of the first to like it.)
If you clicked on 'others', they were revealed.

I notice that five people have been named for liking the above post. Is there a limit to the number of names?

At the moment, it is set to show 5 and you have to click to see the others, as before. Theoretically, you can display more than five, but it will take up more space and slow things down.

If it makes it any faster, I thought two names and then "three/four/five others" etc worked fine because hovering over the "others" part gave you the usernames anyway.

I'll check with Adam.

There won't be much difference at all between 3 or 5 names, but on older threads where there could potentially be 100s of likes per post this will become an issue, especially for mobile devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back