Student or Learner
Native Language
Thai
Home Country
Thailand
Current Location
Thailand
Hello,

Is there a difference between a "wafer biscuit" and a "wafer cookie"? Can we call a Kit-Kat bar "wafers" (since it has many layers of wafers)?

Thank you.

Nawee

Hello,

Is there a difference between a "wafer biscuit" and a "wafer cookie"? Can we call a Kit-Kat bar "wafers" (since it has many layers of wafers)?

Thank you.

Nawee
It depends where you are. A Kit-Kat in Australia, see below, is neither a 'cookie' nor a 'biscuit'. A 'biscuit' is a different thing in UK/Aus and US. Yes, it's a wafer-type confectionary, and you right in saying it's not really a wafer. It's not really a 'bar' either. It's a Kit-Kat.
images

Then what's the difference between a cookie and a biscuit in the UK and Australia?

First read the Similar Threads below, then click here to read more about the topic.

Then what's the difference between a cookie and a biscuit in the UK and Australia?
None that I'm aware of. The difference is between [UK and Australia] and US. 'Cookie' is an American term that we understand. However, they don't understand our 'biscuits', despite the fact that our 'biscuits' are the same as their 'cookies'.

I would call a KitKat a "chocolate-coated wafer". It comes under the category of "chocolate bars" for me.

I would call a KitKat a "chocolate-coated wafer". It comes under the category of "chocolate bars" for me.
Yes, I agree that if you had to categorize it, as some people must, that is what it would be referred to as. Mars Bars and Snickers are chocolate bars; they have a bar-ness that Kit-Kats lack.

None that I'm aware of. The difference is between [UK and Australia] and US. 'Cookie' is an American term that we understand. However, they don't understand our 'biscuits', despite the fact that our 'biscuits' are the same as their 'cookies'.

That is because we have biscuits that are not anything like cookies. What do you call what we call biscuits?

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back