Student or Learner
Native Language
Urdu
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Afghanistan
Respected Teachers

These days I am learning causative verbs. The following are the notes of Causative Get. Please check them.

[get + person/actor + to + 1[SUP]st[/SUP] form of verb]

Present Tenses
I get my friend to print notes. I don’t get my friend to print notes. Do I get my friend to print notes?
He is getting his friend to print notes. He is not getting his friend to print notes. Is he getting his friend to print notes?
You have got your friend to print notes. You have not got your friend to print notes. Have you got your friend to print notes?
They have been getting their friend to print notes. They have not been getting their friend to print notes. Have they been getting their friend to print notes?
Past Tenses
We got our friend to print notes. We did not get our friend to print notes. Did we get our friend to print notes?
She was getting her friend to print notes. She was not getting her friend to print notes. Was she getting her friend to print notes?
I had got my friend to print notes. I had not got my friend to print notes. Had I not got my friend to print notes?
He had been getting his friend to print notes since morning. He had not been getting his friend to print notes since morning. Had he been getting his friend to print notes since morning?
Future Tenses
They will get their friend to print notes. They will not get their friend to print notes. Will they get their friend to print notes?
You will be getting your friend to print notes. You will not be getting your friend to print notes. Will you be getting your friend to print notes?
She will have got her friend to print notes. She will not have got her friend to print notes. Will she have got her friend to print notes?
I will have been getting my friend to print notes. I will have not been getting my friend to print notes. Will you have been getting your friend to print notes?

Regards
Jadoon

When you say "get someone to print notes", do you mean they are making counterfeit paper money?

In Pakistan and India notes also mean a written summary of a lecture, delivered by a professor / teacher.

In Pakistan and India notes also mean a written summary of a lecture, delivered by a professor / teacher.

It's used like that in English too, but it wasn't clear from any of your sentences what kind of notes you were talking about.

Why would you want you get your friend to print notes?

Could it be printing out a file?

Are you suggesting that your friend copies handwritten notes from a lecture or a meeting into a word processing document, and then prints out that document?

Yes Sir / Madam, I mean that.

Yes Sir / Madam.
I pay him money and he prints it out in his office.

In the right context, all of your suggested sentences are grammatically possible. I find the ones with "have been getting" rather unnatural. We don't use the continuous anywhere near as much as some textbooks would have you believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back