[Grammar] will to have

• Thread starter vaibhavmaskar
  • Start date
  • Views : 1,789
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

vaibhavmaskar

If my tomorrow (future) plan has canceled, because of something.

How can I say this? I tried below.

1. I will to have come tomorrow but I have to go to exam tomorrow so i will not able to come tomorrow.

(We use "was to and was to have" in past.)

I guess you mean something like: "I had to come tomorrow but I will not be able to because I have an exam".

It would be more natural as "I was supposed to come tomorrow but I won't be able to as/because I have an exam".

"Had to + tomorrow,was to + tomorrow " are like past and future combation in one sentence. This is confusing me.

what I want to say that person. which is a future condation. Which will not happen. Beacuse of something more imp. Future condation occure.

Last edited:
Bhai has told you the most natural thing to say in your situation.

"Had to + tomorrow,was to + tomorrow " are like past and future combation in one sentence. This is confusing me.
"I was supposed to come tomorrow"; "I was meant to come tomorrow"; "I was to come tomorrow."
These all use "was" (past, as you say) but refer to the future - because you have already decided that you can't come tomorrow.
If you have not decided yet, you can say "I am supposed to/meant to come tomorrow, but ..." which uses the present tense.
You can use a conditional - "I would have come tomorrow, if I didn't have an exam to do."
You can't use "will" or a future construction for this without changing the meaning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back