Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
I am trying to give oral direction to the students for their summary using a writing rubric sheet and I am not sure if the following sentences sound natural. If not, please correct me. Thanks a lot.

( Teacher to students)

Now, using the rubric sheet I gave you, I want you to give feedback to your partner's summary. First, read your partner's paper and take a look at the rubric sheet. If you think your partner's summay includes all the main points in the original text , hightlight the explanations(sections or parts???) on the rubric sheet that says all main ideas are included.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Have your students ever used a rubric to provide feedback before?

Last edited by a moderator:

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
I don't know what a rubric sheet is.:-(

bosun

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
Have your students every used a rubric to provide feedback before?

Yes, please correct any mistakes in my sentences. Thanks a lot.

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If they are already familiar with using a rubric, you don't need to be very specific about how to use it.

Now, using the rubric sheet I gave you, I want you to give feedback to your partner's summary. First, familiarize yourself with the rubric. Then read your partner's paper and evaluate it against the rubric. For example, if your partner's summary includes all the main points in the original text, check the box in the rubric that that says all main ideas are included.

Rover, it's a table to try to standardize how things are graded. For example, let's say the essay prompt old the student to provide 3 examples. There might be a row (or column - you can set it up either way) about "Providing supporting evidence" In the first column, it might say "provided 3 examples, cited sources" and in the second it might say "provided 3 examples, but failed to cite sources" and in the third it might say "provided 1 or 2 examples, cited sources" and in the fourth it might say "provided 1 or 2 examples." The student would get 4 points for the first, 3 for the second, 2 for the third, 1 for the fourth, and zero if there were no examples. You could have a row for mechanics, for whatever.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
"... using the rubric sheet, give feedback on​ your partner's summary".

Status
Not open for further replies.