Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi everybody!
My name is Vycheslav and I'm a software developer from Russian Federation.
Since recently I'd like to establish my own blog write posts about software development there.
But I'm a bit embarrased by the level of mine grammar knowledge. My grammar is not so good.:oops:
So, I'd like to consult you, does it make blog sense? (In other words whether lack of grammar knowedge is a serious hindrance for the blog keeping?)
Regards.
icon7.png

Last edited:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi everybody!
My name is Vycheslav and I'm a software developer from Russian Federation.

I do not know how to pronounce that name. ;-) Most of us in this country would say "Russia" but would know what you mean by "Russian Federation".

Since recently I'd like to establish my own blog write posts about software development there.

Try:

I have recently decided I would like to start my own blog and write posts about software development there (in Russia).

I am curious. Why do you want to blog in English?

But I'm a bit embarrased by the level of my grammar knowledge. My grammar is not so good.:oops:.

Actually, it's not that bad.

So, I'd like to consult you, does it make blog sense? (In other words whether lack of grammar knowedge is a serious hindrance for the blog keeping?)
Regards.
icon7.png

Well, you could use some help. And you've come to the right place. I believe I understand your problem. You know what you want to say, you are just not sure you know how to say it in idiomatic English. (You could say that's my specialty.) In fact, it's really quite simple. You want to say what you have to say so that speakers of English can understand it. (That could become a problem if things get really technical, but we'll worry about that later.

:)

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hey, I have just figured out something. If I want to indent I have to click on "Go Advanced".

(Where are you?)

:)

Slava_VS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi! Sorry for so long time no update from me(please correct this sentence as well). Thanks a lot for advices. I appreciate that.
"Russian Federation" is official and more formal name of "Russia", but this is the same country;-).
I want to blog in english in order to improve my texhnical english skills.
Now I'm practice English grammar anyway. I hope I use the helpfull resources of this forum in the near future.
Thanks!

Polyester

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
hi, I want to surf your blog. Recently, I'm learning C++ how to program,something i don't understand. I want your advice and browse your blog for more details.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Many blogs are not written by native speakers - if the content's worth reading, people will read it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slava_VS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
hi, I want to surf your blog. Recently, I'm learning C++ how to program,something i don't understand. I want your advice and browse your blog for more details.
Hi, thanks for your interest! But the blog is not exists yet. I'm just collecting material;-).

Last edited:

Slava_VS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Many blogs are not written by native speakers - if the content's worth reading, people will read it.
Thanks for encouragement!!!:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi! Sorry for so long time no update from me(please correct this sentence as well).

It's clear what you meant, but you might have said: "Sorry I've been gone so long. I've been busy."

Thanks a lot for advices. I appreciate that.

The word "advice" is one of those words that doesn't follow the rules.

"Russian Federation" is official and more formal name of "Russia", but this is the same country;-).
Now I'm practice English grammar anyway. I hope I use the helpfull resources of this forum in the near future.
Thanks![/QUOTE]

Got to go!

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
First of all, always listen to Tdol. He is always right. ;-)

Hi! Sorry for so long time no update from me(please correct this sentence as well). Thanks a lot for advices. I appreciate that.

I had to get off the computer in a hurry, so my previous post didn't look like I wanted it to.

Say:

Thanks a lot for the advice. I appreciate that.

Some words don't follow the rules, and "advice" is one of those words. (Here's a rhyme: The plural of advice is advice. The plural of ice is ice.)

(There are a few words (quite a few, actually) that are in the category of "plural is spelled the same as the singular". That is either all of the time or most of the time.)

I get that, but I am quite sure that even those of us who are aware of that will continue to refer the country as Russia.

I'm guessing that was a typo.

Thanks!

You are practicing English grammar by communicating in English. Also, I try to be helpful even when I'm being funny. ;-)

~Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.