• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

queueing or queueing up

Please help me improve or correct my grammar!!!

Is it grammatically correct to say: "Every night incoming calls have been queuing up or queuing? I could not even get my tumbler to have a sip of water".

But because I am happy with the people around me, I have always been able to grappled up with the maddening high call volumes.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

Re: queueing or queueing up

Quote Originally Posted by lemmor View Post
    Please help me improve or correct my grammar! (One punctuation mark is sufficient.)

Is it grammatically correct to say: "Every night incoming calls have been queuing up" or "queuing"? I could not even get to my tumbler to have a sip of water".

But because I am happy with the people around me, I have always been able to grappled up deal with the maddeningly high call volumes.
    Are you querying the grammatical correctness of the final sentence or are you just giving us that information?
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

I'd use "queueing up" as in your title. But I'd try to be consistent with the spelling.
    I'd also write glue -> glueing, clue -> clueing. But accrue -> accruing (only because the financial world seems to have made that choice).

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tagalog
      • Home Country:
      • Philippines
      • Current Location:
      • Philippines

Yes I am inquiring if my sentence was right. Thanks for answering.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

So you are querying this entire section:

"Every night incoming calls have been queuing up or queuing? I could not even get my tumbler to have a sip of water. But because I am happy with the people around me, I have always been able to grappled up with the maddening high call volumes."

I would change it to:

Recently, incoming calls have been queuing up every night. I haven't even had time for a sip of water. However, because I like with the people I work with, I'm happy to deal with the frustratingly high volume of calls.
    Last edited by emsr2d2; 28-Jul-2014 at 09:25. Reason: Corrected typo.
    Remember - if you don't use correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing, anything you write will be incorrect.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by emsr2d2 View Post
    So you are querying this entire section:

"Every night incoming calls have been queuing up or queuing? I could not even get my tumbler to have a sip of water. But because I am happy with the people around me, I have always been able to grappled up with the maddening high call volumes."

I would change it to:

Recently, incoming walls have been queuing up every night. I haven't even had time for a sip of water. However, because I like with the people I work with, I'm happy to deal with the frustratingly high volume of calls.
    You made me think what it meant for several minutes.
    Please, correct all my mistakes. I should know English perfectly and if you show me my mistakes I will achieve my dream a little bit faster. A lot of thanks.

Not a teacher nor a native speaker.