Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hello,

I am trying to get a data analyst job and I have written this cover letter as a general letter. Of course I will tweak it for different position but I just wanted to get you guys professional input on this. English is not my first language and I am known to making all kind of grammatical mistakes.

Here we go !!! and thank you in advance for your help in

Direct Link where you can leave comments: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Dmapo6M3hU8akdnuZsBLnjLTicypZmromSoAIIqN7Lk/edit?usp=sharing

To Whom It May Concern:

Please accept my resume for data analyst position posted on your company’s website. I am confident that my background in data analysis and my skills in programming will prove to be an effective match for your qualifications.

I have had a good amount of experience analyzing data using SAS, STATA and AREMOS. While working for the Economic and Business Research Center at the University of Arizona, I learned how to analyze large-scale economic data and had the opportunity to work with predictive models. My programming skills allowed me to not only quickly learn AREMOS but it also helped me envision unique areas where I could improve the program’s functionality. I wrote a Java based application to automate data collection; a rigorous process, which was previously performed manually.

During senior year I took quantitative methods for economic strategy, which taught me forecasting techniques, interpretation and use of economic data, analysis of business conditions and examination of related environmental factors. For the final project I analyzed the data on U.S health care coverage and revealed the policy gap, which left millions of people uninsured. I utilized SAS to write a Logit model that predicted the probability of having health insurance using an individual’s income, race, education level, and several other factors.

When I was working for Tadbeer Consulting INC. I was responsible for designing the database for a research that explored the socio-economic consequences of insecurity in Rustaq province (Afghanistan). I also assisted in analyzing the data and built a regression model, which showed the relationship between the distance of a district from the province capital and the number of hostile activities. I utilized STATA’s regression and conditional functions to reveal the socio-economic trends affected by insecurity.

Besides possessing technical skills I have an insatiable intellectual curiosity, which has constantly drawn me toward scholarly research articles. I won Eller Case Competition among 600 students because I performed an in-depth research of the social issues surrounding the mining industry and presented my findings to the employees of Rosemont Copper.

My experiences have been positive ones due in part to my interpersonal skills. I work well in teams, am reliable and organized, and enthusiastic to learn. I am sure that I will carry over the same enthusiasm and skill in working at your organization.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Yasin Yaqoobi

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I found only three or four mistakes (which is unfortunate for me, because I get paid per correction).

To Whom It May Concern:

Please accept my resume for data analyst position posted on your company’s website. I am confident that my background in data analysis and my skills in programming will prove to be an effective match for your qualifications.

I have had a good amount of experience analyzing data using SAS, STATA and AREMOS. While working for the Economic and Business Research Center at the University of Arizona, I learned how to analyze large-scale economic data and had the opportunity to work with predictive models. My programming skills allowed me to not only quickly learn AREMOS but it also helped me envision unique areas where I could improve the program’s functionality. I wrote a Java based application to automate data collection -- a rigorous process, which was previously performed manually.

During my senior year I took a course in quantitative methods for economic strategy, which taught me forecasting techniques, interpretation and use of economic data, analysis of business conditions and examination of related environmental factors. For the final project I analyzed the data on U.S health care coverage and revealed the policy gap, which left millions of people uninsured. I utilized SAS to write a Logit model that predicted the probability of having health insurance using an individual’s income, race, education level, and several other factors.

When I was working for Tadbeer Consulting INC. I was responsible for designing the database for [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] research that explored the socio-economic consequences of insecurity in Rustaq province (Afghanistan). I also assisted in analyzing the data and built a regression model, which showed the relationship between the distance of a district from the province capital and the number of hostile activities. I utilized STATA’s regression and conditional functions to reveal the socio-economic trends affected by insecurity. (Insecurity about what?)

Besides possessing technical skills, I have an insatiable intellectual curiosity, which has constantly drawn me toward scholarly research articles. I won Eller Case Competition among 600 students because I performed an in-depth research of the social issues surrounding the mining industry and presented my findings to the employees of Rosemont Copper.

My experiences have been positive ones due in part to my interpersonal skills. I work well as a part of a team, am reliable and organized, and eager to learn. I am sure that I will carry over the same enthusiasm and skill in working at your organization.

Thank you for your consideration. I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Yasin Yaqoobi

:up:

Tarheel

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I apologize for my weird sense of humor.

;-)

rotexhawk

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I apologize for my weird sense of humor.

;-)

No Problem and thank you very much for taking the time to read this :)
Don't you think it is awfully long ?
Do you think it conveys the right points to the employer ?

Thanks again :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.