Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
The mayor of my town has just stated that a large factory is going to be built. This choice brings with itself advantages and disadvantages. Since a host of people are out of job, this factory might employe lots of workers. However, a large factory in such a small countryside could bring up some problems. The site where the factory will arise has not been yet picked. This is one the most serious issue. Nobody would like it to be built downtown. A big amount of trucks would invade the narrow streets of the countryside and noise would take over silence. Therefore, the best option, according to the citizens, would be to build it in the suburbs. However, there would be some issues for the trucks to get to the factory. In fact this solution would take far more time the factory, that means much money. Therefore, administration has been considering another option too, that is to build the factory in another town, slightly further from this one, but hiring workers living in my town.

Last edited by a moderator:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Do you have a question for us, Mirino?

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
The mayor of my town has just stated that a large factory is going to be built. This in itself brings advantages and disadvantages. Since a host of people are out of work, this factory might employ lots of workers. However, a large factory in such a small countryside town could lead to some problems. The site where the factory is to be built has not been yet picked. This is one the most serious issues. Nobody would like it to be built downtown. A large amount of trucks would invade the narrow streets of the countryside and noise would take over silence. Therefore, the best option, according to the citizens, would be to build it in the suburbs. However, in that case there would be some issues for the trucks to get to the factory. In fact this solution would take far more time and that means more money. Therefore, the administration has been considering another option too, which is to build the factory in another town, slightly further from this one, but hiring workers living in my town.

Mirino

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Italian
Home Country
Italy
Current Location
Italy
Thank you very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.