Did you already tell mom you will pick her up? V S Did you already tell mom you'd p

• Thread starter B45
  • Start date
  • Views : 1,628
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

B45

Did you already tell mom you will pick her up?

V
S

Did you already tell mom you'd pick her up?

Are both okay?

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Yes. What is not OK is writing the abbreviation for versus vertically.

B

B45

Haha, okay. Sorry.

I do have a question for admins tho... How do I change my settings so that only forum members can see my posts. I want to keep my stuff private, because I don't want the public to see some of the things I've exposed of myself...

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It is also not OK to abbreviate administrators as "admins" or though as "tho". What has gotten into you? We don't end sentences with three dots.

B

B45

I do have a question for administrators though... How do I change my settings so that only forum members can see my posts. I want to keep my stuff private, because I don't want the public to see some of the things I've exposed of myself.

I think reading has really helped me improve my English! Most of the questions I ask on the forum are of conversation scenarios, and the continuous support and advisement I've been getting on the forum has been nothing short of expertism, but I've realized that my persistence in using the dictionary and thesaurus to look up vocabulary is what's made me a better reader and writer as well as having a better grasp of the language. While I know it's far from perfect, I would really like to thank all of you who has taken your time and efforts to help me on my path to fix and fine tune a language that I've been using and learning my whole life, but never fully understood... I would if I could buy treats for everyone here!

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
You have just ended two more sentences with three dots. Your second sentence needs a question mark. You should also look up "advisement" in a dictionary.

B

B45

I think reading has really helped me improve my English! Most of the questions I ask on the forum are of conversation scenarios, and the continuous support and guidance I've been getting on the forum has been nothing short of expertism, but I've realized that my persistence in using the dictionary and thesaurus to look up vocabulary is what's made me a better reader and writer as well as having a better grasp of the language. While I know it's far from perfect, I would really like to thank all of you who has taken your time and efforts to help me on my path to fix and fine tune a language that I've been using and learning my whole life, but never fully understood... I would if I could buy treats for everyone here!

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
There are three dots after "understood". I give up.

B

B45

I think reading has really helped me improve my English! Most of the questions I ask on the forum are of conversation scenarios, and the continuous support and guidance I've been getting on the forum has been nothing short of expertism, but I've realized that my persistence in using the dictionary and thesaurus to look up vocabulary is what's made me a better reader and writer as well as having a better grasp of the language. While I know it's far from perfect, I would really like to thank all of you who has taken your time and efforts to help me on my path to fix and fine tune a language that I've been using and learning my whole life, but never fully understood. I would if I could buy treats for everyone here!

LOL... I just felt that it's a very casually written sentence. I see a lot of people use 'dots' in text messaging, so it's become kind of habitual. My fault.

Polyester

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
MikeNewYork, can I say that?
Did you already tell mom you have picked her up?

MikeNewYork

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No. If you have picked her up, she already knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.