Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Hello everyone I am new here .I want to learn prepositions I always find them confusing .if there is anyone interested in teaching ??? :roll:

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hello everyone. I am new here. I want to learn prepositions. I always find them confusing. [strike]I[/strike][strike]f there[/strike] Is anyone interested in teaching me? [strike]???[/strike] :roll:

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Prepositions are confusing! They are very difficult for learners. I recommend learning an example sentence for each preposition in each of its uses.

Note my corrections to your post above, marked in red. It is important to follow these rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Click here to see the most common prepositions. Try to use each one in a simple sentence and post them two or three at a time for us to comment on.

Use dictionaries (click here) to help you, and bookmark the OneLook website for future reference.

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Hello everyone. I am new here. I want to learn prepositions. I always find them confusing. [strike]I[/strike][strike]f there[/strike] Is anyone interested in teaching me? [strike]???[/strike] :roll:

Welcome to the forum. :hi:

Prepositions are confusing! They are very difficult for learners. I recommend learning an example sentence for each preposition in each of its uses.

Note my corrections to your post above, marked in red. It is important to follow these rules of written English:

- Start every sentence with a capital letter.
- End every sentence with a single, appropriate punctuation mark.
- Always capitalise the word "I".
- Do not put a space before a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
- Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.
Thank you,very helpful ,I was never good using punctuation marks and never gave them much attention,but from now on I will use them :)

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Thank you Mr.rover

This is my fourth attempt of trying to reply to you.I don't know what's wrong with this forum but messages or replies are not being posted.I wanted to thank you for onelook website because I have been searching for similar website for a while and I will make sentences hope you check them:)

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
about:what are you talking about john?
above:I saw a bird flying above our house.

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
across: My aunt live across the street.
after:They came in after you went out.

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
against: Are you with me or against me?
along:Come along and stay with me.

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Click here to see the most common prepositions. Try to use each one in a simple sentence and post them two or three at a time for us to comment on.

Use dictionaries (click here) to help you, and bookmark the OneLook website for future reference.
Thank you Mr.rover please check my sentences..

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Re: Thank you Mr.rover

This is my fourth attempt of trying to reply to you.I don't know what's wrong with this forum but messages or replies are not being posted.I wanted to thank you for onelook website because I have been searching for similar website for a while and I will make sentences hope you check them:)

With new members, posts containing links go into moderation and don't appear until someone has approved them. I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but this is necessary to reduce advertising and spam. When you have posted ten times, it won't happen any more.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Re: Thank you Mr.rover

This is my fourth attempt at trying to reply to you._I don't know what's wrong with this forum but messages or replies are not being posted._I wanted to thank you for the onelook website because I have been searching for a similar website for a while. I will make sentences and I hope you will check them.
Please note my amendments to your post. Ems wrote Always put a space after a comma, full stop, question mark or exclamation mark.

Rover_KE

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
about:[space] What are you talking about, John?
above:[space] I saw a bird flying above our house.:tick:

across: My aunt lives across the street.
after:_They came in after you went out.:tick:

against: Are you with me or against me?:tick:
along:_Come along and stay with me.:tick:

Thank you Rover. Please check my sentences.

Please study my corrections to your posts and observe what we have told you about punctuation, spacing, etc.

After you have posted two or three sentences wait until you have received a reply before sending any more.

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Among: I must choose one person among all of them.

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Around: Little Johnny was running around that big tree.
At: Please look at me I want to tell you something.

Olympian

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Thank you,very helpful ,I was never good using punctuation marks and never gave them much attention,but from now on I will use them :)

Bebe heart, please don't mind me saying this - even though you said ".. but from now on I will use them", you have not really used the rules posted by the teacher. Please read emsr2d2's corrections. The rules regarding the use of spaces and commas and full stops are mentioned in that post at the bottom.

It makes it easy to read your post if you follow these rules. Since the teachers are here to help us because of their kindness, we should try to make our posts as easy to read as possible, and not increase their work by making them read our posts again and again, and make them correct the same mistakes again.

I hope you understand. :)

Thank you

Last edited:

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Bebe heart, please don't mind me saying this - even though you said ".. but from now on I will use them", you have not really used the rules posted by the teacher. Please read emsr2d2's corrections. The rules regarding the use of spaces and commas and full stops are mentioned in that post at the bottom.

It makes it easy to read your post if you follow these rules. Since the teachers are here to help us because of their kindness, we should try to make our posts as easy to read as possible, and not increase their work by making them read our posts again and again, and make them correct the same mistakes again:cry:

I hope you understand. :)

Thank you
Thank you sir. I will try not to make same mistakes. My apologies to the teachers.:-|

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Before: Before I say anything. You must sit down.

Behind: They always talk behind my back.

bebe heart

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Qatar
Below: john lives in the apartment below.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Status
Not open for further replies.