Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hi! Could I please check the following letter? Probably I made a lot of mistakes but I've begun learning english recently.(or , I learn english short time). Which sentences do sound better? :roll:

Hi Marta!
I must describe for you the most important news with last week!
At the first, My sister got married. It was the most important day in her live. She looked beautiful.
She had stunning dress on. Each person on event, can't take sight off on her. She has very long hair so She decided to do plaits. She went to hairdresser and She spent there whole morning. Next, All people went to a church where my sister and her husband see themeselves first time in the day. Next, We celebrated a wedding day.
At the second, I metiond you about my exam in last month. I was waiting on results exam whole month. I took my university entrance exam.I was stressed and embarressed.
Two days ago, I had to go to the office because when the Postman came to my home, I was out. I resived a letter and I was in shock! I was one of the best students who took an exam. I was very happy so I had to write to you about these news.
What's about you? When you find a free time, write to me. I miss you.

See you later.

It's all. I try to write,speak,listen in english. I must know this language but I don't like spend all time in front of books. I prefer use language. :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Hi! Could [STRIKE]I[/STRIKE] you please check the following letter? [STRIKE]Probably[/STRIKE] I have probably made a lot of mistakes but I've begun learning English only recently (or I have been learning English for a short time). Which sentences [STRIKE]do[/STRIKE] sound better? :roll:

Hi Marta!
I must [STRIKE]describe for[/STRIKE] tell you about [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] my most important news [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] from last week!
[STRIKE]At the first,[/STRIKE] The first thing is - my sister got married! It was the most important day [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] of her [STRIKE]live[/STRIKE] life. She looked beautiful.
She had a stunning dress on. [STRIKE]Each person on event,[/STRIKE][STRIKE] can't take sight off on her.[/STRIKE] No-one at the event could take their eyes off here. She has very long hair so she decided to do plaits. She went to the hairdresser and she spent [STRIKE]there[/STRIKE] the whole morning there. [STRIKE]Next[/STRIKE] Then [STRIKE]All people[/STRIKE] everyone went to the church where my sister and her husband [STRIKE]see[/STRIKE] saw [STRIKE]themeselves[/STRIKE] each other for the first time [STRIKE]in the[/STRIKE] that day. [STRIKE]Next, We[/STRIKE] After that, we celebrated [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] the wedding day.

[STRIKE]At the second, I metiond you about[/STRIKE] The second thing to tell you is about my exam [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] which I mentioned to you last month. I was waiting [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] for the results of the exam for a whole month. I took my university entrance exam.I was stressed and embarrassed.
Two days ago, I had to go to the post office because when the postman came to my home, I was out. I [STRIKE]resived[/STRIKE] received a letter and I was in shock! I was one of the best students who took [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] the exam. I was very happy so I had to write to you about these [STRIKE]news[/STRIKE] happy events.
[STRIKE]What's[/STRIKE] What about you? When you [STRIKE]find[/STRIKE] have [STRIKE]a[/STRIKE] some free time, write to me. I miss you.

See you later.

[STRIKE]It's[/STRIKE] That's all. I try to write, (space after a comma) speak (no comma here) and listen in English. I must [STRIKE]know[/STRIKE] learn this language but I don't like to spend all my time in front of books. I prefer to use the language. :)

See above.

Status
Not open for further replies.