Russian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Czech Republic
Could you be so nice and look through this letter of motivation :)? Thank you

XXX University , Faculty of XXXX

Dear Sir/ Madam,

With this letter I would like to express my strong interest for studying in Master's program of “Brain and Cognitive Science” in Faculty of Science. Currently, I finished Master’s degree in XXXXX University, at the study program of “Personality Psychology”.

During my Bachelor’s study, which was “General Psychology”, I was among top five students and earned a full-ride governmental scholarship due to my high marks. Throughout my university life I gained a great theoretical and practical insight into both, personality psychology and cognitive psychology. Neuro-biology was also significant part of my studies due to such subjects as Anatomy of CNS, Psycho-physiology, Physiology of Higher Nervous and Sensor Systems and etc. I am eager to accumulate more theoretical knowledge and research practice and enlarge my knowledge of specialization and I believe that this program suits my profile and career prospects.

I am fortunate to have this exciting opportunity in doing a research in my field of study. During my Bachelor’s study I wrote papers about: “Students’ dis-adaptation during the first year of study”, “Students’ emotional pressure during examination period” and “ Psychological prerequisites for the formation of professional activity”. My Master’s degree thesis was about “Students’ coping strategies during crisis periods”. My term papers one way or another are related to cognitive psychology . While my diploma work was aimed on studying the influence of University environment on cognition formation, my Master’s thesis important part was directed on studying of cognition development during the crisis periods of adolescents’. I’ve already conducted research among students in Asia and I would also be interested in doing a more cognitive oriented research elsewhere, particularly in Europe to receive comparative data.

Although cognitive science, as you could have noticed, interested me, there was no opportunity to study it more precisely due to limitations of education in my home country. Because of my financial situation I could not study abroad, therefore, I will be very grateful to be provided with scholarship to improve my education and widen my career prospects. Knowledge gained on the studies at University of Amsterdam I plan to transfer to my home country, where I intend to work in public sector or at the University.

This scholarship opportunity I perceive as an opportunity to continue my studies, learn about new cultures and meet interesting foreign scientists at the same time. I find it very important that we learn from others experiences and in our everyday work have in mind how other nationalities plan their everyday life and manage the inevitable difficulties.

At the end I would like to point out that I am determined to make the most out of the scholarship program.Given my past history of commitment to excellence, I am confident that I will bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm to your program. I am sure to exceed your expectations, because of both my academic skills and my diligence.

Thank you for considering my application.
Sincerely yours,

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Could you be so nice and look through this letter of motivation :)? Thank you

XXX University , Faculty of XXXX

Dear Sir/Madam,

With this letter I would like to express my strong interest in [STRIKE]for studying in Master's program of “[/STRIKE] applying for the Brain and Cognitive Science master's program [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at the Faculty of Science of your university. [STRIKE]Currently,[/STRIKE] I recently finished a master’s degree in personal psychology [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] at XXXXX University. [STRIKE], at the study program of “Personality Psychology”.[/STRIKE]

During my Bachelor’s study, which was “General Psychology”, I was consistently among the top five students and earned a full-ride governmental scholarship due to my high marks. Throughout my university life, I gained a great theoretical and practical insight into both personality psychology and cognitive psychology. Neuro-biology was also a significant part of my studies [STRIKE]due to such[/STRIKE] with subjects such as Anatomy of CNS, Psycho-physiology, Physiology of Higher Nervous and Sensor Systems, [STRIKE]and[/STRIKE] etc. I am eager to [STRIKE]accumulate[/STRIKE] gain more theoretical knowledge and research practice, [STRIKE]and enlarge my knowledge of specialization[/STRIKE] and I believe that this program suits my profile and career aspirations. [STRIKE]prospects.[/STRIKE]

I am fortunate to have this exciting opportunity [STRIKE]in[/STRIKE] of doing research in my field of study. During my bachelor’s study, I wrote papers [STRIKE]about:[/STRIKE] titled “Students’ dis-adaptation during the first year of study”, “Students’ emotional pressure during examination period” and “Psychological prerequisites for the formation of professional activity”. My master’s degree thesis was [STRIKE]about[/STRIKE] titled “Students’ coping strategies during crisis periods.” My term papers one way or another [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] were related to cognitive psychology. While my diploma work was aimed [STRIKE]on[/STRIKE] at studying the influence of university environment on cognition formation, my master’s thesis [STRIKE]important part[/STRIKE] main focus was [STRIKE]directed on studying of[/STRIKE] on cognition development during [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] crisis periods in [STRIKE]of[/STRIKE] adolescence. I’ve already conducted research [STRIKE]among[/STRIKE] on students in Asia, [STRIKE]and I would also be[/STRIKE] but I am interested in doing more cognitive-oriented research elsewhere, particularly in Europe to [STRIKE]receive[/STRIKE] obtain comparative data.

Although cognitive science, as you [STRIKE]could[/STRIKE] may have gathered, [STRIKE]noticed,[/STRIKE] greatly interests me, [STRIKE]there was no[/STRIKE] I have not had the opportunity to study it [STRIKE]more precisely[/STRIKE] in depth due to limitations of education in my home country. Because of my financial situation, I could not study abroad. Therefore, I will be very grateful to be provided with a scholarship to improve my education and widen my career prospects. I plan to use the knowledge I gain [STRIKE]on the studies[/STRIKE] while studying at the University of Amsterdam [STRIKE]I plan to transfer[/STRIKE] when I return to my home country, where I intend to work in the public sector or at the university.

This scholarship opportunity I perceive as an opportunity to continue my studies, learn about new cultures and meet interesting [STRIKE]foreign[/STRIKE] scientists from other countries at the same time. I find it very important that we learn from others' experiences and in our everyday work [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] keep in mind how other nationalities plan their everyday life and manage the inevitable difficulties.

At the end, I would like to point out that I am determined to make the most out of the scholarship program.Given my past history of commitment to excellence, I am confident that I will bring a high level of energy and enthusiasm to your program. I am sure to exceed your expectations because of both my academic skills and my diligence.

Thank you for considering my application.

Yours faithfully,
[STRIKE]Sincerely yours, [/STRIKE]

naragass

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Czech Republic
Dear Teechar,

I am very thankful for your amendments. If I can help you back somehow with my humble set of knowledge in Psychology and Russian language please let me know :).

teechar

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
Iraq
Current Location
Iraq
Dear Teechar,

I am very thankful for your amendments. If I can help you back somehow with my humble set of knowledge in Psychology and Russian language please let me know :).
Wow! That's so nice of you. :-D
I'm a huge fan of Russian literature; and I would love to be able to read it in Russian. Maybe one day I'll take up your offer to learn some of your beautiful language. ;-)
Oh, I also think Russian classical music is the finest in the world. :cool:

naragass

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Armenia
Current Location
Czech Republic
Well , it is not my mother language , but I am native in Russian :). I also consider Russian classic music to be one of the finest :D. However Russian classic literature (I assumed you mean that one) is very heavy, due to depth of the sense in it and vary in language style. Some poems, like ones of early Pushkin, are hard to understand even for natives :D. Russian language is very hard to comprehend, you should be ready for sayings like "yes-no, maybe", which means polite refusal with slight possibility of acceptance :D

Anyhow, it would be my pleasure to help you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.