Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Ukraine
Current Location
Ukraine
Hello. I have some doubts whether my letter is correct. In this letter I want to ask my friend about a man with whom he has introduced me to at his party. Please help me to find possible mistakes.

Hello,
I have already missed you since our last meeting.
I was glad to get your letter. It was great to hear that you passed your history test successfully.
Recently I've remembered your party what was last month. You know that guy you introduced me to at your party? I thought he was attractive. I think his name was Pete, but I'm not sure in it. What's his story?
By the way, an interesting accident happened at the party, of which you hardly knew. I learned it yesterday from Nick.
When a some guy was eating snacks, he choked on one of them. Near there was Nick. Well he gave him appropriate and timely help. In fact, the poor victim couldn't breathe! Can you imagine? I'm wondering whether he is a doctor.
So, I would like to know him better. Could you give me his contacts if it would be possible? Anyway, I'll be happy even if you tell him about my interest in communication with him.
How are you getting on? Is everything OK? How is your dog, does it feel well after its operation?
I’d better go now as I’ve got to do my homework assignment — boring things!
Hope to hear from you soon.
All the best,
Irina

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. I have some doubts whether my letter is correct. In this letter I want to ask my friend about a man [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] to whom he [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] introduced me to at his party. Please help me to find [STRIKE]possible[/STRIKE] any mistakes.

Hello,
I have [STRIKE]already[/STRIKE] missed you since our last meeting.
I was glad to get your letter. It was great to hear that you passed your history test successfully.
Recently [STRIKE]I've[/STRIKE] I remembered your party [STRIKE]what was[/STRIKE] last month. You know that guy you introduced me to at your party? I thought he was attractive. I think his name was Pete, but I'm not sure. [STRIKE]in it.[/STRIKE] What's his story?
By the way, [STRIKE]an[/STRIKE] something interesting [STRIKE]accident[/STRIKE] happened at the party [STRIKE]of which you hardly knew.[/STRIKE] but I don't think you know about it. I learned of it yesterday from Nick.
[STRIKE]When[/STRIKE] A [STRIKE]some[/STRIKE] guy who was eating snacks (no comma here) [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] choked on one of them. [STRIKE]Near there was[/STRIKE] Nick was nearby [STRIKE]. Well he[/STRIKE] and gave him appropriate and timely help. In fact, the poor victim couldn't breathe! Can you imagine? I'm wondering [STRIKE]whether[/STRIKE] if [STRIKE]he[/STRIKE] Nick is a doctor.
[STRIKE]So, [/STRIKE]I would like to know [STRIKE]him[/STRIKE] Nick better. Could you give me his [STRIKE]contacts[/STRIKE] contact details? [STRIKE]if it would be possible?[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]Anyway[/STRIKE] In fact, [STRIKE]I'll[/STRIKE] I'd be happy [STRIKE]even[/STRIKE] if you [STRIKE]tell[/STRIKE] told him about my interest in [STRIKE]communication[/STRIKE] communicating with him.
How are you getting on? Is everything OK? How is your dog? Does it feel well after its operation?
I’d better go now as I’ve got to do my homework assignment — boring! [STRIKE]things! [/STRIKE]
Hope to hear from you soon.
All the best,
Irina

Thanks in advance.

See my suggested amendments above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back