Interested in Language
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello!

The ship under repair is the last in a series of famous container ships to have been built in Rostock.

The previous sentence reads as follows: It is the ship whose job of finalizing her construction and fully equipping her was entrusted to shipyard X from 2010 to 2011.

Taking into account the fact that the ship was to have been finally constructed and fully equipped by shipyard X from 2010 to 2011, this is a thing of the past.

I, for one, would choose the sentence "The ship under repair is the last in a series of famous container ships to have been built in Rostock".

The ship under repair is the last in a series of famous container ships to have been built in Rostock = The ship under repair is the last in a series of famous container ships which/that were/have been built in Rostock.

Do you confirm that the phrases in both the sentences are properly bolded? In my opinion, the last is directly connected to to have been built.

What do you think of my reasoning?

Thank you.

J

J&K Tutoring

Not quite clear what you are asking: "properly bolded?"

If you are looking for a critique of your sentence, then I suggest: The ship under repair is the last in a series of famous container ships built in Rostock.

Status
Not open for further replies.