Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Are they a good sentences ?

1)Owning to the fact of many questions from our emoployers we want to ask you are these computers work correctly ?

2)We should change a software for this computer from Windows 8 to Windows 7 like it was in previous/older computers.

Say:

Are they good sentences?

1. Because of many questions from our employers, we need to ask you if these computers work properly.

2. We need to change the software for this computer from Windows 8 to Windows 7, like it was in previous computers.

1. Because of many questions from our employers, we need to ask you if these computers work properly.

And if i want to ask about one computer and about something different i should ask:

Because of many questions from our employers, we need to ask you is this computer have properly software ?

And 3.

Many employers suggest that this computer should have Windows 7 instead of Windows 8 like it was in previous computers

And if I want to ask about one computer and about something different I should ask:

Because of many questions from our employers, we need to ask you [STRIKE]is[/STRIKE] if (or whether) this computer [STRIKE]have [/STRIKE] has proper[STRIKE]ly[/STRIKE] software ?

Many employers suggest that this computer should have Windows 7 instead of Windows 8 like it was in previous computers
This is ambiguous. Did the previous computers have 7 or 8?
... should have Windows 7, as previous computers did, instead of Windows 8.
... should return to Windows 7, instead of the Windows 8 as the more recent computers have had.

You MUST start using the pronoun I and stop writing i. Your continued used of "i" - after being told about this many times - suggests you don't really want us to help you.

This is ambiguous. Did the previous computers have 7 or 8?
... should have Windows 7, as previous computers did, instead of Windows 8.
... should return to Windows 7, instead of the Windows 8 as the more recent computers have had.

You MUST start using the pronoun I and stop writing i. Your continued used of "i" - after being told about this many times - suggests you don't really want us to help you.

Ok sorry, I am just unaccustomed to this, because I never didn't understand that, is it something like writing a names e.g "jack" instead of "Jack" or maybe it is bigger mistake ?

We don't use chatlish here. As you know, in chat rooms they eschew punctuation and capitalization. However, that is not what they expect from you if you write a letter to a business or a college or university.

It's the same level of mistake.

We capitalize the first letter in a sentence.
We capitalize proper nouns, like "Jack."
We capitalize the pronoun "I."

If you are told this over and over and ignore it, people will ignore you posts.

Now I need a help with checking this one:

Because of many questions from our employers, we need to ask you if computers: ...,....,.... intended for our IT-Mangaers have properly software. Many employers suggest that these computers should have Windows 7, as previous item sets have, instead of Windows 8.

I'm gladly want to hear your opinion about these sentences :)

I mean, are they correct ?

You need to be more patient. Say:

I need some help with this one.

The word "help" is not a count noun.

Now I need a help with checking this one:

Because of many questions from our employers, we need to ask you if computers: ...,....,.... intended for our IT-Mangaers have properly software. Many employers suggest that these computers should have Windows 7, as previous item sets have, instead of Windows 8.

I'm gladly want to hear your opinion about these sentences :)

Say:

Because of many questions from our employers, we need to ask you if the computers intended for our IT managers have the proper software.

Are you sure you don't mean clients and not employers?

Last edited:
Say:

Many employers suggest that these computers should have Windows 7 (as the previous computers had) and not Windows 8.

Say:

I would be happy/delighted/pleased if you would tell me your opinion about these sentences.

(You can say "I am glad" or "I would be glad" but not "I am/would be gladly".)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back